Well, It's Been a Pure Delight ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Path Maker, May 9, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @jeanoroid You have one incredible story line going. Write. Write, write, write!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Dana - except for the black guy, these cats RUN from danger!

Our human dropped a paper clip?!? Quick!! To the basement, lads!!!

A little old lady in a flowery housedress shuffles by, ACROSS the street?!? Horrors!! Call our psychiatrist, Mommy!!

The ... (shark music) MAILman is coming!?!? Apocalypse!!! (There's a lot of apocalypse going on here in this thread! :) ). Dive for cover!!!!!

Oh, the drama! Oh, the angst! Oh, the ... tuna fish?!?!?!!??!???!?!?!? TUNA FISH?!?!??!??!?!

Well, okay, Mom, we'll come out from under the couch now. We KNOW the mailman is only kidding!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Actually, the one in the middle IS a super athlete.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Oh, and what are the cats doing in the photo? Every day I toss out lots of nuts on to the back steps for the birds. I drag a kitchen chair in front of the screen door and the cats get live entertainment!

4. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @jeanoroid
      T woke my up in the middle of the night. Guess what my first worry was after I woke up! My tinnitus? Nope.
      I was wondering what Ptam is doing in his endeavour. No kidding.
      Yup, the story line is THAT catchy. So listen to Path Maker and write, write write, do not leave us like that.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @Dana As I read your post about not being able to get a dog, I wondered if somewhere there is a barkless shelter dog who needs a person? And I wonder if there ARE breeds known for silence?

I also cracked up when I saw in my mind what you saw in yours: me watching the cats watching the birds. I wonder who is watching me??? Oh, wait, that would be ... YOU. In your mind's eye! :)

These boys give me NON-STOP entertainment - they are a constant blur of activity followed by becoming snoozepiles all over the house. I love them madly. They DO help me cope with all sorts of everything.

I wonder, wonder, wonder ... IS there a pet or two out there for you??? The joy and comfort of caring for and living with them is significant and beautiful.

6. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      I want to. I even downloaded an app that helps folks without inside writing skills format a book.
      My pal Larry U just released a self-published book of short stories which is inspiring. I'm playing with the idea to make it appear like a collection of distinct short stories, but in the end you find out it was all one story..
      Thanks for the encouragement!

51elP6TiyQL._UY250_.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    7. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Path Maker
      I initially wrote a medium size answer to your post, but because it was too sad, I decided to delete it, to not fall off-topic in this positive thread, which is about the hidden-at-the-first-sight pure delights of having T.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @Dana Guess what? I SAW it! :) I read it and was typing my reply (including the "search for a barkless dog" one) and when I then tried to "like" the post, it was said to be "inaccessible" (meaning you were probably deleting it).

And also guess what? It wasn't really as sad as you think. It was fine. You are a delight.

And triple also guess what??? I really DO wonder if somewhere there IS a barkless dog - a dog that had a vocal cord condition, or a breed that rarely barks, or barks very low - and if that pup and you are just waiting to find each other.

There is a reason I called myself "Path Maker" when I came on here. I kind of dug that name up on the spur of the moment ('cause I wasn't going to call myself "My Ears Are Driving Me Fucking Nuts and Please Pass Me the Bowl of Pink Noise" :) !!!).

I came up with it and then realized it's because it's true: it's something I've always kind of done my whole life: it's about optimism, the REAL beautiful healthy kind. It's because I believe that this world is all stories, and every human is a story, and we get, in a big way, the chance to participate in and write that story.

Which is why, if, just ... IF ... there is a barkless dog to be searched out somewhere ... well, then, "Person with Hyperacusis Adopts Barkless Dog" makes an awesome tale! Anyway, it's just a warm and furry thought ...

Having my animals has essentially million-folded the joy factor in my life ...

:) :) :) Okay, I'm off to make some paths now, in the cleaning of my basement. Very sloooooow, dusty paths, indeed.

9. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @jeanoroid
      Please put your previous avatar picture back or at least another positive one. With the Frankenstein one you seem like you are preparing to write a collection of mini thrillers, in which case I won't read it when it will be published. I need to read some happy endings, no matter how far-fetched they may be.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Then again, I'll bet Frankenstein had tinnitus. What with those metallic neck bolts and the lightning strike and always being in that killer sweet mood and all ...

11. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Frankenstein is the personification of tinnitus.

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      Frankenstein is just misunderstood.
      But, you nailed it w the bolts! That was my secret easter egg...
      Frankentinnitus..