What are you eating?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mosaik, Oct 19, 2014.

?

Which of the following describes your eating habits the best?

1. I have a diet set up specifically to help my hearing/tinnitus

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. I eat healthily compared to most people

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. I eat various things, but don't really pay attention to it

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. I eat whatever I want, not too healthy

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. I consider my diet unhealthy

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
    1. Mosaik
      Balanced

Mosaik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music at my school
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I ate healthy, lost two stone, didn't really help my tinnitus that much I am afraid :( keeping busy and exercise did. I stuck to eggs and chicken... lots of protein.

3. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      My diet doesn't affect my tinnitus. The good thing about this is I'm not limited in what I can eat. The bad is that it makes me feel like I have less control over it.

That said, a healthy diet is essential to good health whether it affects tinnitus or not. It can help you avoid other health problems.

4. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      The only things I avoid are caffeine (because I sleep better without it), salt, msg and artificial sweeteners. I avoid salt because it's not conducive to a good blood pressure, msg because it causes me to bloat up and gives me headaches, and artificial sweeteners because they kill neurons by making them keep firing until they are dead--excitotoxicity--and my neurons are active enough.

Salt is the only factor that seems to effect my T. It's hard to avoid and I've learned to read labels for sodium content. A small can of chicken soup contains more than the daily allowance given by the FDA. The good thing is that since I started watching our salt content, my husband has been able to go off blood pressure meds. A little silver lining to my Tinnitus cloud.

5. FuzzyFrey
      Dreaming

FuzzyFrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sustained loud noise through headphones
      I've been eating a bit more healthily this last week due to loss of appetite, but then before that I thought I was eating too much unhealthy food anyway.

6. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Antioxident fruits, green tea, turmeric suppliment, eggs, B vitamins... Nothing helps T in my opinion unless they restore the hearing.. But many foods can aggrevate T for sure in some cases..moreover keeping a track of what affects and not affects T is a losing and tiring game in the long run.. Eventually you will have to do what's required.. Ignore the bitch !

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Exactly! :)

8. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Im on a low glycemic index diet but only because otherwise I get mild acne.
      Everyone has certain things that suit better to their body so try to find what suits you. There is no one helpful diet, just different diets that are helpful for a certain person.