What Do Jastreboff, David Beckham and Taylor Swift Have in Common?

Discussion in 'Support' started by japongus, May 23, 2015.

1. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Reading

http://hyperacusis.net/hyperacusis/success+stories/default.asp

Minor's story.

She says

These the same tests all ENT doctors do these days, where they deem hyperacusis patient's ear to be ''normal'' because he/she doesn't have any hearing loss. I'm gonna rename Jastreboff Hoppity-hop, given the leaps of logic in this paragraph. H-h's deep penetrating stare used to convince that H is just a lifestyle choice:

frabz-I-will-stare-deep-into-your-soul-a64250.jpg

What a scandal this phrenology of the late 20th century is. You want to fudge success results of TRT-

1. Load the patients up with antidepressives and motivator pills a few molecules apart from MDMA.
      2. Add CBT. Sound cures you, but lemme just add a shrink to convince you you're getting better.
      3. Domestic/labour/nature/civilization darwinism but forget that, H is a matter of ''personal responsibility''.
      4. Broken leg theories don't get so outlandish because they can get fixed. Round window reinforcement doesn't prove that ears exist?

You can't fight 80s/90s media top/down knowledge. You can bet Talor Swift's tits that if H were contagious TRT would be on the counter at a MacDonalds. H patients just aren't sufficiently organized.

A black revolutionary, along with a big group of followers, storms into the public library and announces they're there to burn all books that have the word nigger in them.

The librarian is shocked. She says: You can't do that. There are a lot of words I don't like, but that doesn't mean I have the right to burn all the books with those words. I don't like the word "bastard" for instance.

"That's because you bastards ain't organized."

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Wow....

Interestingly Dr Nagler himself once noted something about deafness and sound intolerance as being two very different things. All my Medical contacts have kind of died on the altar of the clear hearing test, regardless of my efforts to make them understand it was much more than just some tinnitus and technical (on paper) minor hearing loss.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:

The amount of times I've been subjected to a decibel test by these chimps is hilarious.

I'm not taken into consideration for any disability whatsoever and the disability I rank for (here in Spain ofc, in Jastreboff statistic paradise USA there's no disability) is 22% for hearing loss and 1% for anxiety. Neither of which I have, not that they're willing to comprehend the difference between pain and anxiety.

I'm sure Saint Jastreboff and Hazell contributed to this with their cherry picked logic.

Here's Hazell getting satirized in a legendary thread by ''Preston'' with his assumptions about nature and prehistoric man thinking silence was in fact a state of alert.

http://www.chat-hyperacusis.net/post/trt-247-sound-enrichment-reviewed-608058?trail=50

And they seem to have rubbed off on Dr Nagler, who I'm sure we all appreciate the time he spends here, but look at this

http://home.comcast.net/~nagler/hyperacusis.html

''There is no impending damage to the hand from a warm glass of water. Now what happens if there is a mismatch in the feedback mechanism? He rapidly withdraws his hand from the glass of warm water because he experiences discomfort, discomfort in the absence of impending damage. So this mismatch in the feedback mechanism results in a decreased threshold for discomfort, but not a decreased threshold for damage. In the case of hyperacusis, there is no evidence that there is a decreased threshold for cochlear damage, only that a sound well-tolerated by some is uncomfortable or even painful to others.''

Now, I know this to be wrong, seeing as I wrecked my ears at a concert to only tinnitus, and then worsened them at a night club to tinnitus plus hyperacusis, and I'd been to night clubs before the concert without a problem. Occam's razor says that if damage happens at louder venues, quieter venues also affect T and H sufferers over the mid to long time span, though they may be imperceptible in the short span. It's typical Jastreboff/Hazell-speak to zone in to these type of points to create FUD.

I've had to deal with a lot of sophistry and a lot of darwinism as a result of these Jastreboff/Hazell types. Back to the original link, in Dan's story, Hazell tries to peddle the idea that anxiety ''that individuals who have hyperacusis have a pre-existing condition of anxiety''. If anything in my ridiculous life I've been pressured by socioeconomic reasons to deny to myself that I had hyperacusis and I've gone to ridiculous extents to do so.

That they would try to fudge statistics mixing H and T is like those old TVs they had where some had a high pitched sound and others don't, it's like giving someone a birthday present with a high-pitched TV and claiming you've succeeded in avoiding a future T neurotic.

And if some people get their H worsened or bettered by stapedial incisions, and improved by round window reinforcement, then maybe we can finally have a new era of not trying to fish for ''broken legs don't need no morphine'' bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
    4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Seems to be the great unmentionable doesn't it.