What Is Going On? Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keaghton Weber, May 5, 2017.

1. Keaghton Weber

Keaghton Weber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/12/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Ok so I've had T since Feb. 14 2017 it's started only in my right ear.

As my right ear got more bearable I noticed my left ear starting to act up. (No extremely loud noise exposure)

Now this morning when I woke up I noticed a full feeling in my left ear almost like it was blocked up. I didn't notice any ringing until I used the washroom and my piss hitting the toilet water created this low pitched ring in my left ear. Freaked me out. But then when I finished up the ring stopped. Then when I turned on the sink to wash my hands the ring got loud again. Then when I turned off the sink it stopped. (It gets weirder).

I notice when I'm driving my car the ringing is there and When I plug my left ear it gets louder but as soon as i plug my right ear as well it instantly stops. Sniffling my nose in silence and slight movements set it off for the duration of the sniffle or movement. When I talk or someone is speaking to me I get these beeps at the start of every word that sounds like Morse code.

Anyone have any idea wtf is going on? I did a Google diagnosis and came up with Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome.

I have an appointment with my ENT next month.

2. Abbadem

Abbadem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD or Stress
      I have the same thing - around one week into my T I could hear a kind of overtone along with fans, water, certain noises. The tone has also changed quite a few times. I can only describe it as a vacuum cleaner noise barely within earshot. I've had a very mild T for about 3 months now and that strange overtone hasn't gone away yet. ENT and Audiologist says my hearing/pressure is fine though so I don't have any leads. Still hoping it goes away someday!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Keaghton Weber

Keaghton Weber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/12/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Thanks for the feedback did you have the full ear feeling? If so did that go away?

4. Abbadem

Abbadem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD or Stress
      The fullness and slight earache went away after a week or two from onset. Still have the mostly reactive T however and while on some days its much less noticeable it doesn't appear to be going away at least for me.
      Luckily it seems less bothersome with many different sounds - I recently went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and while I occassionally noticed the reactive overtone it was mostly masked by the variety of sounds.

5. Lloyd111

Lloyd111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety or stress buy things foing on in life
      I satrted january 2017 and was really low wind rumbling then it went from low to deafening like a moth amplified in my ear for months, went ENT and said it will go away its stess and they just checked my sinuses, doctors prescribed me amatriptaline didnt work so they put me on matazapine because anxiety and panic really high, do not take matazapine makes you eat alot & put loads of weight on & makes ppls T worse, they sent me to CBT & they just tell you info that you already know trouble is your bodys telling you something else. Tryed myofacial clinic and they useless even tho i am stress and suffereling 24/7 because i am not in pain they wont do anything. My jaw is feels wrong. Went back to ENT and said sounds like you have pulsatile tinnitus and i was thinking why are you in this job no i have not!
      Sound is less after a year, noise set off by anything like cars...tv...ppls voices...vibrarions....music on mobiles , so off the meds copeing ok and not good and going back docs to get him refair to a neurologist if they listen, in meantime i have magnesium citrate see if that does something!
      I finding it hard to live with :(

6. Snow

Snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Has anyone found a cure for this?