What Is the Science Behind the Sound of Crackling in the Ear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beste, May 30, 2016.

1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Yes. The title explains itself well. I am pretty sure I never had this before tinnitus. I explained it to my ENT and he said I hear it because I begin to pay attention to my ears because of T. BS.

I really wonder of my tinnitus is in deep inside of my brain(because I got my T from benzos and it is in my head) why does it mess with the muscles of my ears?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are you sure it's a new phenomenon? If so, maybe look into ETD.

Lots of people have this and no tinnitus, though...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Yes, this is new for me. I have checked my ET and it came alright. I have seen many people on Benzo Buddies they also developed it in withdrawal. I just wonder how these drugs mess up with our ear muscles. And I want to say thay I also developed ear fluttering and some pulsatile T after quiting them.

4. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Idk but I have all of that. Your T sounds very similar to mine. I didn't get mine from benzos though, so that is strange that it is so similar.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      It is so common in T sufferer but I wonder why. We can get T from different causes like acoustic trauma, ototoxic drugs, ear infection, noise induced etc etc. So here is my question.

I have my tinnitus from ototoxic drugs which means that my case is the worst, I know. And there are many studies going on for tinnitus but do all of those common subjects mean that the drugs will be efficient for acoustic trauma induced T will also be good for my case?