What Is Your Favorite MyNoise.net Masking Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by InfiniteLoop, Jan 12, 2017.

1. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      Many Tinnitus Talk people use the myNoise app and website for relaxing and masking sounds.

I am curious about what sound is found to be the most therapeutic or relaxing by users.

In my case, I find the impulse noise (using only the two highest equalizer bars) to be the most effective, and it can make my tinnitus disappear using only 30-40% of the volume available in the iPhone app.

The rain noise is also good but tends to distort the tinnitus rather than making it disappear.

I use the Aural Scan and Isochronic tones also. Unfortunately, residual inhibition is very short lived.

2. NickZ

NickZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly Lunesta (sleep medication) and/or unknown cause.
      What's the best sound masking for high pitch tinnitus?

3. pathworker2017
      No Mood

pathworker2017 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 approx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      currently unknown, conductive hearing loss suspected
      @NickZ, each persons T is different in one way or another so the best masking tone for one person may not necessarily suit your particular T. experimentation is the key. broadly speaking though . the standard recommendation seems to be broadband white noise in the background set at the so called mixing point. where the white noise is almost, but not quite as loud as the t..

the idea is that you have the sound at a comfortable level while still being aware of the tinnitus but, the sound being soothing draws attention away fro the tinnitus so that you don't notice it as much.