What Masking App Do You Use?

Asian

Author
Apr 16, 2014
Tinnitus Since
4 weeks
What app do you prefer to mask your T? I am using relax melodies and it seems decent and has a variety of water sounds that do the job well

Relax Melodies is the best app I have found thus far as well.

I also downloaded Sleep Soundly Hypnosis that is what I consider pretty good. Both were free, I believe.

On Google Play Store, I found an app called Cricket Sounds.
There is a soundtrack called Cicada High Pitch.
This one is the only one that masks or interfere with my T.
Another help is the ACRN sounds from Generalfuzz (can be found here on TT).

On my computer, audionotch, simplynoise/simplyrain

On my phone, i use simplynoise/simplyrain ( not free), sleep pillow ( which has a free version, and a pro).

Only sleep pillow have a sound which cotrespond to my main T ( mine is not simply one high pitch), there is various sounds so it helps.

There is also a program called Aire Freshener for your PC.
It is recommended by several members here.
I use it when I work.
Still freaks me out thinking about masking T with cicadas, shower sounds etc. until end of my life.
Prayers to all we will habituate and no longer need any aids (drugs, masking, devices etc).

If you have tinnitus with unmaskable frequencies, try a product called myNoise, which you can get for your phone from mynoise.net (or Apple's App Store).

For each sound (nature sounds, white/pink noise, etc), it has ten slider volume controls that allow you to boost or lower the volume for certain frequencies.

The app has many accommodations for manipulating and saving your custom sounds.

This should allow most to mask those "hard-to-reach" frequencies in their T.

If you have tinnitus with unmaskable frequencies, try a product called myNoise, which you can get for your phone from mynoise.net (or Apple's App Store).

For each sound (nature sounds, white/pink noise, etc), it has ten slider volume controls that allow you to boost or lower the volume for certain frequencies.

The app has many accommodations for manipulating and saving your custom sounds.

This should allow most to mask those "hard-to-reach" frequencies in their T.
May be a stupid question but when I'm looking to mask the T I'm looking for something that covers it up so I don't hear it anymore, correct?

May be a stupid question but when I'm looking to mask the T I'm looking for something that covers it up so I don't hear it anymore, correct?
If you don't want to hear the T at all, then you mask it completely.

If your goal is to get used to the T over time, you can mask it partially, so you still hear the T along with the masking sound.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now