What Works for Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by fedup, Feb 16, 2017.

1. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      Hi friends, just a quick one to tell you some of the things that I have discovered that help reduce my tinnitus if only for a short time.

I have found that Lipo Flavonoids work for me in that they do reduce my T, the drawback is that they are very expensive. It may be placebo effect but I believe they work so... no I do not sell them! and yes, I know there is no clinical evidence that they work but as I say, they seem to help me.

Als , a weird one...I have found that rustling a plastic bag or some sweet wrappers near my affected ear reduces my T a LOT ! I use different bits of plastic depending on the particular tone I am hearing that day.
      It has to be a really crackly bit of plastic .I just scrunch it up a few times near my ear and it actually reduces the T a lot.Very weird I know but it works!

I find these days I am having up to a couple of weeks where my T is almost gone and in fact on several days it has actually gone completely for some hours However ,at some point it still just 'switches back on'
      I still hope that one day soon my T will be gone for good.

It is so upsetting when I try to discuss my T with my Doctor and he is simply uninterested and dismissive.He just says I have to get on with life.Easy for him to say !

Well, I wish you all the very best . For those in the early stages please keep going and keep fighting.I know how horrific it can be and how very soul destroying.I felt that way for a long time . I actually considered suicide many times but thankfully my wife saved me.Nowadays , I live with my tinnitus and just try to crack on with things .I still have really bad times but I convince myself that the next day will be better.

Negative thoughts definitely make T worse .
      Life CAN get better even with T so don't give up

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Fedup,

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the advice.

Tinnitus is not worth suicide, that's for sure. The key is controlling your response to it by not giving in to it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      @MikeL1972 cheers Mikel .Yep, I agree .When I first came to this forum about a year ago I really was suicidal .I am sure that made my T far worse.All the stress and worrying definitely made it worse.These days I try really hard to be positive and it certainly makes the T better. I still have very bad spikes but try to tell myself that it will ease and usually it does.
      I don't read this forum often now because I am generally the sort who would fall back into anxiety reading all the nasty things that can happen , might happen.
      I wish you all the very best. Just try to keep on keeping on .