What's the Longest After a Sudden Loud Noise It's Taken for Ear Fullness/Muffled Hearing to Resolve?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Damocles, Feb 22, 2022.

?

What's the longest after a sudden loud noise it's taken for ear fullness/muffled hearing to resolve?

1. 1 to 2 days

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. 3 to 4 days

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 5 to 7 days

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. 1-4 weeks

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. 1-2 months

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. 2+ months

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. My ear fullness/muffled hearing has not resolved so far

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  8. I've never experienced such ear fullness/muffled hearing

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
    1. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      I'm creating this poll for another user.

Would appreciate all of you who have experienced a sudden acoustic trauma (as in: an explosion, crash, gunshot etc.), letting us know how long after it took for the feeling of muffled hearing and/or ear fullness to disappear?

Please only vote if you have experienced the circumstances outlined above ▲

In the member I'm creating this poll for's particular case, it was the slamming of a lid on some machinery he was standing next to, that created the sensation (along with his newly onset tinnitus).

His tinnitus, ear fullness and muffled hearing are ongoing, 5 weeks from the event, so he'd be grateful to know what the longest anyone who's had these symptoms eventually resolve, has suffered them for.

Many thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Bry

Bry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Mark_Caswell
      Buzzed

Mark_Caswell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones?/Unknown
      I had an acoustic trauma this summer. My tinnitus significantly worsened in loudness and changed its pitch.

For now my ear fullness has not gone away completely, however it is a much less frequent sensation than it was days after the trauma. I experience it daily for short periods of time. I also experience sudden muffled hearing and fleeting tinnitus.

EDIT: The aoustic trauma was caused by fireworks explosions.