Where Can I Get Ear Drops Like (Olive Oil, Mineral Oil, etc.) to Soften Up Earwax?

Discussion in 'Support' started by starrynights, Nov 4, 2020.

1. starrynights
      Creative

starrynights Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unsure but more than 2+ years.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to music too loud; concerts with no protection.
      I have been using earplugs very frequently since experiencing a noise induced tinnitus spike about 3 months ago. A lot of it has been due to anxiety and fear of worsening my tinnitus.

Due to my heavy earplug usage, I think I may have earwax buildup that is making my tinnitus louder; my ear canals are pretty narrow and constant usage has also made my ear canals a bit sore.

I see a lot of users on the forum to use olive oil or other ear drops to soften the earwax, where can I get olive oil that is safe enough to use for the ears? Any recommended brands or methods of applying it? Is cooking grade appropriate, or the ones intended for cosmetic use? Can you ask a pharmacist about it?

This would be my first time doing it and want to do it the best/safest way as possible. Of course I will be consulting with a doctor about this, and just want to try some holistic methods first. I am just trying to be as cautious as possible :)