Whistling in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by Elissa28, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. Elissa28

Elissa28 Member

I got in a car accident about 4 days ago. Today I noticed that while talking to people, watching tv, or listening to music, it sounds like there is whistling in my left ear that goes right along with talking/singing, whether it's in a song or tv or everyday people. Could my accident have something to do with this? Also, I don't know if this would be an important detail, but my face hit the steering wheel pretty hard -not hard enough to break anything though.

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi Elissa -

It is not likely that the whistling is directly related to your accident - but since it has now been almost a month, if the whistling persists, I think you should see an ENT top have your symptoms evaluated either way. I wish I could shed more light, but without the results of a thorough examination and testing, I would just be shooting from the hip.

All the best -

stephen nagler