Why Is It That People Have Reactive Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      So some people like me have their Tinnitus react to sounds that are around the frequency of their Tinnitus.
      Why is that? I remember when I got Tinnitus my PC didn't make my ears ring until 5 days later.
      Now in school after having listened to the same projection PC for 4 weeks it makes my ears ring why is that?
      Has it gone away for some?
      I don't mind the Tinnitus I just don't want every PC or TV making my ears ring all the time.
      Had hyperacusis too but that moved on in time.

2. tyty
      Wishful

tyty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      @Ilija I have reactive T but mine just basically rises above all noises I hear, I am not certain I understand what you are asking? So are you stating that your PC and TV make your T worsen?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Well you see that's the point.
      The Tinnitus doesn't worsen, for instance if I turn off my PC BAM no more left ear it's not a ring as it's a little higher pitched than it was before Tinnitus.
      The TV is weird, it depends on how I am facing it, it depends really, it's the static noise the TV produces that makes my ears ring after I have been hearing it a while.
      The Tinnitus doesn't worse at all it's just that certain things are in a higher pitch than they were before so now I'm guessing the most logical thing is that my ears are still recovering and are still sensitive so when they hear something of a certain frequency (like the one my Tinnitus was at the beginning) they make it into a ring.
      Or it's just brain stress.
      For instance if I don't focus on the sounds my PC produces it doesn't make my ears ring same for the TV and everyting else.
      But the minute I start listening to it and focusing on it I think this is going to make my ears ring and so it does.
      I'm sure it will blow over after a while, I had hyperacusis at the beginning and that went away with time so I see no reason why this won't do the same.
      What do you think?

4. tyty
      Wishful

tyty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well I guess that depends on what is causing your hyperacusis, mine is always there and it has been 6 months for me and I can't really tell any improvements. I also have high frequency hearing loss so my assumption is this is all one big lump package for me, T brings the hissing, sounds cause the popping feeling in my ears, sharp noises make me crazy and I also have non stop T 24/7.

5. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      6months is very early to tell i know someone that took 2 years to get ride of hes hyperacusis

• Like Like x 1
    6. tyty
      Wishful

tyty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      @jonathanvg did this person also have an improvement with their Tinnitus or do you have that information? I am hoping I recover from all of it someday, don't we all!!! Thanks for your optimistic comment.

7. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      hes tinnitus is still the same like at the start but no longer bothered by it

• Like Like x 2
    8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I had reactive tinnitus, but got rid of it..It was horrid as would compete with nosies.