Willing Exposure to Tinnitus Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jazzer, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My only practice for counteracting the devastation of Tinnitus is meditation.
      For many months now I have started my meditation routine with willing exposure to my sounds, as opposed to futile attempts at avoidance.

I hear it - I relax - I ask my tummy to breath for me, and I allow my natural reflex breathing to take me away to a peaceful place, thus taking the sting out of the otherwise hateful noise.

Having subsequently read Dr Hubbard’s Story, I recognise his same approach.

Many sufferers feel that meditation with Tinnitus is not remotely possible.

I do it in my bath every morning, and know not to miss a session.

I would love to know if any other members have tried this method with any degree of success.... ?

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I do it with Hatha yoga,
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Meditation has helped me a lot. At first the noise from my T made it difficult to remain focused on my breathing and to relax. After many attempts and trying different calming background noises I am able to relax. When I reach a very calm state I can focus on my breath and deeper relaxation. It really
      helps me before bed or even in the morning if I wake up with anxiety. As for T while in a deep relaxed state it doesn’t bother me. In fact, while meditating T is starting to become less intrusive. Almost like my brain is starting to relate relaxation with my T. After meditation my T will show it’s ugly face again, but I’m hopeful some day it will fade away. @Jazzer you have provided me with different tips for meditation and they have been very helpful. I can’t say enough how much the TT family has done to keep me positive while going through T. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1