Wisdom Tooth Removal and Potential Impact on Tinnitus & Hyperacusis: Share Your Experience!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Newloud, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Newloud

Newloud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      music, noise, stress, anxiety
      So, I'm scheduled for a wisdom tooth removal in a week or so. I ordered it last year, because I had some sinus and jaw issues that might be caused by the tooth - it's not come out correctly and is bulging out the side of my gum . It's not infected yet, my dentist didn't mean it was strictly necessary to pull it, but we agreed, why not. Might as well, it's not going to cause any harm.

But this was before my last volume increase, when I spent very little time worrying about tinnitus. Now I'm in a slightly different place. Is wisdom tooth removal something that will very possibly worsen tinnitus, or is it just one of those million things a few people think caused it because of correlation? What I've read on this forum really suggests the latter, but still. Worry, worry, worry. On the other hand, my tinnitus is worse on the tooth side, so perhaps removing it is a good idea.

Also, I guess I'll be needing painkillers afterwards. What's the best choice tinnitus wise? Ibuprofen I guess is out of the question. I have a bottle of 600 mg I got for a bad shoulder, but it makes me sick and dizzy, so I'm not touching it anymore. Same thing with Naproxen. I could possibly get Paralgin Forte, which is Paracetamol and Codeine. Or perhaps this isn't really anything to worry about either.

2. Hamsti

Hamsti Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Everything, I suppose. Stress, high cholesterol, TMJ...
      Right now I am sitting on my dentist's chair waiting for my wisdom tooth removal. Wish me luck!

Maybe there is a success story about tinnitus fading after wisdom teeth removal? Looking for positive thoughts ;)

3. bmxer883

bmxer883 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How did things go? Iā€™m scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out and wondering if it could make my tinnitus worse.