Woke Up One Day with Constant Ringing That Hasn't Stopped...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michael Jacobs, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Michael Jacobs

Michael Jacobs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Almost 4 weeks ago woke up with a ringing in my ear and I've not had one moment of relief since.

At some point I started to hear a second tone in my other ear, or at least I perceive there to be something there.

Saw an urgent care person and they just shrugged at me and said to take allergy meds. I've since been taking hose along with some Mucinex and drinking plenty of water but nothing has helped.

Had a fiber optic camera and took a snap shot of both ears:

Screenshot_20200720-150214.png

Screenshot_20200720-150221.png

But I'm not a physician so compared to images I see on Google these don't seem unusual.

Tried meditation and attempting to keep hope that this will go away while I try to get into see an ENT doc... but I'm not sleeping and getting more anxious by the day.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Your condition is quite similar to another new poster in the Introduction which I just replied. So I provide the link to that thread and you can read my response there.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...—-the-day-before-i-was-really-stressed.41813/

Regarding your sleep issue, have you tried any sleep meds? Sleep deprivation can really aggravate tinnitus. Get some bed time masking such as a sound machine or a sound pillow to help fall asleep better. Also, instead of sleep or anti-anxiety meds from the doctor, you can try natural alternatives such as Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can do google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /

Good luck to you. Best wishes. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Rosebug

Rosebug Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi. I'm new to the forum. Here's my experience. One day in October 2020, I suddenly heard ringing in my left ear and felt the need to pop my ears, but after several attempts, the ringing continued. Thinking I had wax built up, that weekend I tried everything to clear it up, nothing worked. I went in to the urgent care, Dr. didn't see any wax so he prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. Finished the meds and still wasn't better. Went to primary care Dr and was sent to get a hearing test that showed severe hearing loss in the left ear. Went to 1st ENT and was prescribed prednisone for a month, didnt help any, was given a steroid shot into my left ear, made it worse, and was prescribed Nuerontin , I don't know why , he never explained but I didn't take it. Went to see 2nd ENT and was referred to audiologist to get a hearing aid. That's where I am now, I'm not sure if I will choose to keep it as it hasn't really helped with my T. The first 2 months were the absolute worst thing I have ever experienced. I had 2 sounds in my left ear, the first sound like a swarm of bees then on top of that, very high pitched rings and tones. It was relentless never stopping, from the time I went to bed until I awoke and lasted all day. Nothing could mask the sound and sleeping was impossible. I fell into the scam of buying some pills online but out of desperation you believe just about anything. I'm 3 months in and I will say my T has gotten a little better in that the volume has subsided a bit. There are even moments in the early morning where I can actually enjoy some moments of silence but as soon as I start my day, it starts up again, the volume slowly increasing through out the day and peeking at night. I remain hopeful that it will continue to get better. Currently, I'm looking into a type of treatment that uses nuero modulation therapy. I have a online consultantion next week. I'll see what they have to say. For all those suffering, not giving into despair and trying to have a positive outlook definitely helps.