Woke Up to a 70% Reduction in Tinnitus Loudness: Tinnitus for 3 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by WestD, May 8, 2020.

1. WestD

WestD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm a 25 year old guy from Ireland and have been suffering from tinnitus for the past three weeks now. I've spent every day looking for a way to get better and panicking to the extreme,not sleeping and barely eating. Well today I've randomly woken up to about a 70% reduction in the volume of my tinnitus and for the first time in three weeks I'm feeling happy and okay again.

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Like Like x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Sounds great! Tinnitus that is 3 weeks old is considered very "young" and fades away in many cases. It seems that you are such a case, so you're extremely lucky, you can expect the noise to go away.

However, consider this a warning from Nature. Your ears are weakened. The next time you get tinnitus, it'll probably stay - we have seen this many times on the forums. So commit to taking very good care of your ears from now on. I recommend reading @Bill Bauer 's list here: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eone-else-who-has-tinnitus.26850/#post-307822

Consider yourself lucky, take excellent care of your ears from now on, and you'll be fine.

By the way, what do you think caused the noise? Were you exposed to loud noises recently (e.g. concerts, gunshots, etc)? Are you a frequent headphone user? Did you go on new meds (e.g. antibiotics) recently? Did you have an ear infection lately? In my experience, these are the most common causes, roughly in this order.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    3. akirakurosawa

akirakurosawa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tympanogram
      @WestD Dude! That is amazing! What great news! What started the Tinnitus for you? Were you taking any supplements or prescriptions to help with the tinnitus?

4. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      You are lucky. It is called temporary tinnitus it goes away after a few weeks. Be careful in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WestD

WestD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was
      I believe I got tinnitus from using my headphones on overly loud volume too often. I'll never use headphones again.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Same. My tinnitus didn't originate with headphones but I did get a new noise after using them 8-10 hours every day for years. I haven't used any for 3.5 years now. It's surprisingly easy to get used to.

(My new noise didn't go away. But I didn't get new ones, either.)

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Lola808
      Amazed

Lola808 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss wearing headphones to bed
      I have had my tinnitus about as long as you have. Mine is due to high frequency hearing loss. It is decreasing as well. I hope it will continue. I did get a spike last night. I have been wearing hearing aids as soon as I found out they might help my brain not look for the sound it is missing. I hope mine is temporary like yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Darren H

Darren H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi WestD! I am also a 25 year old from Ireland, based in Galway. Today is day 14 for me. One evening all of a sudden I lost about 80% hearing from my right ear and a loud ringing came upon the same ear. I got such a fright. Something didn't feel right up until that point either though..my ear was popping a lot. Since then I was prescribed penicillin on day 4 to unclog eustachian tube if that was the issue, and started to take steroids on day 7 to reduce inflammation. On day 9 I felt the fluid (or most of it) drain and there was a dramatic drop in Tinnitus and my ability to hear improved greatly. Since then, the Tinnitus has reduced slightly but not as much as I'd like. My hearing hasn't fully returned either. Depending on how loud external noise it is, I hear a whoosh. This whoosh is different than the Tinnitus pitch. So it looks like some damage has been done to the ear I guess. Tough one to take but its great to read your post along with all of the others in this forum. If I cannot rid myself of Tinnitus, I will just have to learn to adapt like so many others successfully have

• Like Like x 1
    9. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @WestD ! Glad things are getting better. Have you had much improvement since? :)