Worst Time of the Day?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Piper, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      Hi, I'm new to forums and am trying to get used to how they work.

I was wondering if it's usual to have a 'worst' time of the day for tinnitus?
      Mine is when I wake up. Whether it's in the morning or if I have fallen asleep in the day.

Today I also had nausea and disorientation, but I have started antidepressants and am only 3 days in.
      I've had a new noise since starting the medication too and am worried about whether I am doing the right thing.

Do any of you have a worst time of the day for your T, has anybody explained why, and is there anything that you do about it?

2. Tyson

Tyson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      I have tinnitus in the Day time. But at night my ears go CRAZY. The ringing is unbearable at night.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      It drives me crazy during the night, it wakes me up,I think I am paying for being a musician and surrounded by loud amps, Haven't even been out since this started.

4. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Right now, as I'm enduring a spike or possibly a permanent increase in my T it's in the morning or when I wake up at night. Oddly enough, I have no trouble falling asleep when I go to bed, but when (because I always do) I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning, that's when it's the worst.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      That's exactly how I am

6. Robert Fahey

Robert Fahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan, 2012
      No doubt it's louder after a daytime nap or middle of the night, then returns to baseline. Oh well. When we exercise we hear our blood pumping through our heads whether we have T or not, and nobody is spooked. We also hear our loud respiration, again without fear. When we eat, that's pretty loud for sure. We're a cacophony, period.

7. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Louder at night before bed and after waking up. Possibly the loudest is during the night. Sometimes I wake up and wonder how I'm even able to sleep, then I fall asleep again. I wonder if hearing the wooshing of my computer all day helps me to habituate to the sound of T.

8. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Morning or after a short nap. I have been told that this is part of the flight or fight situation that is going on when we wake up. Your hearing becomes kine to outside noises and of course that happens when you first wake up. It probably goes back to when we gather-hunters and we had to be carefull about our situation at hand. Anyway all I can say to get busy with something as soon as possible after you wake up and this situation will tend to com down.