Worth Watching! "Please Stop Beating Yourself Up About What Caused Your Tinnitus"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Path Maker, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Completely agree.
      To me, the huge scourge of tinnitus is rooted in anxiety....a state of anxiety being a common basis for how many of here contracted tinnitus and heightened anxiety based upon it infiltrating our lives causing us to hang on to it.
      Somehow, each of us has to break this chronic cycle, accept it on some level and move on.

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      When I went to PT for a consultation, the first thing that was examined was the length of my legs. He found that I had one leg shorter than the other. He asked me if my tinnitus was ever lower in the morning before I got up. He said it's more than a brain reaction, it's physical. I told him that sometimes my T is a little less before I get up. According to him, all it takes is a couple of steps having one leg shorter that the other to raise tinnitus. He recommended a soul pad for my shorter leg. I need to try that.

He continued to tell me that tinnitus is very physical, posture, neck movement, and stress and excitement with head movement can cause tinnitus when noise is present. He also said that having one leg shorter will contribute to TMJ. With that I decided to check on that. Cynthia Peterson in her book said that a patient with one leg shorter was advised to use a sole pad. On his next visit which was soon, his TMJ problem was 50% reduced.

4. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dr. Jay Hobbs Could you comment on my post about having a shorter leg which I was told is common with those with somatic tinnitus.

5. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Well, I suspect that half of what I do successfully on a regular basis, from nutrition to spinal adjustments, is considered foolishness by some percentage of "experts" in one field or another, so I hesitate to say something is pure coincidence. I would say that I would not expect this to work in many people.
      On the other hand, there is no question that a short leg can cause dramatic strain in the spine, and I could see how it would translate to stress int he neck and jaw in some people.
      I always first restore the bulk of the dysfunction (function) through adjustment, trigger point therapy, and strength exercises. Any length discrepancy (structure) that is not corrected I recommend a heel lift for.

• Creative Creative x 1
    6. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dr. Jay Hobbs Having TMD decreased by 50% by wearing an inside shoe pad does sound like a coincidence. Cynthia Peterson mentions this 50% deduction on page 37 in her book The TMJ Healing Plan and Ten Steps To Relieve Headaches, Neck Pain and Jaw Disorders.

With some of my problems like loss of normal lordosis, space narrowing, spondylosis, joint hypertrophy and facet arthritis, I don't think there's a way that I can lower my somatic T.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Watch my last 2 videos. I give predictive questions and tests for improvement for those with somatic tinnitus. They don't give 100% certainty, but they are helpful.
      I have a hard time believing there is no hope for your improvement. I want to always balance my encouragement to pursue and a hope for a solution with a contentment with where you are...Don’t deny yourself the benefit of habituation while you work and look for opportunities for improving your health.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dr. Jay Hobbs Forgive me. Having a really hard time today. Where do I find your last two videos? Do you have links?

I have seen some of your videos, but that was a couple of months ago.

9. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Here is the link to the playlist. The last 2 are most relevant, as will be the NEXT two.
      Playlist: Tinnitus Questions Answered