Yesterday It Bothered Me And Today It's Barely Audible... Why?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vegas Robb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Now I'm lead to understand that T is permanent and the sound is created by hair cells that are damaged. Well, if that's so, then why is it on certain days "it's hardly there? If the hair follicles are damaged why wouldn't the sound be the same everyday? It almost seems as if it fixes itself for a day or two and then "reverts back" to my baseline or louder.....thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Could be diet. Too much sodium maybe. Try to stay under 2000 to 2500mg per day for a week. After about 3 days eat a high sodium meal and wait to see if you get a spike about and hour or do afterwards. Then youll know.

• Informative Informative x 2
    3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      after reading all if the informatiom bout T on here, i dont think T is permanent but just "stuck" and can become unstuck and we will find out soon because its too unpredictable and everyone experiences low and bad days yet its always there which just sounds like its fluctuating and stuck, curable, and not infact permanent. It needs to get unstuck and hopefully thats what autifony is aiming for so will see. And i believe if something can get louder it can always get lower just like a volume knob but again thats what there workin on.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      It's funny, I was going to post a thread about this....I don't have good days. And every spike I have experienced is permanent. Maybe because mine is not caused by noise exposure...maybe a different type....no idea.

Consider yourself lucky you have these barley audible days. I would kill for it!!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Mine is also not caused by noise exposure, but I do cycle. So it's something else, but I don't know what.

• Like Like x 1
    6. russiancarl

russiancarl Member

I wonder this same thing. I thought it had to do with habituation but most people say that isn't quite right.

Some times I don't even notice it even when I look for it. When I look for it I *do* find it but it's never at the level it's at when it's naturally there - like right now ><.

It's confusing isn't it. Maybe it's diet related, posture related, or anxiety related. Heck, for all we know it's the moon's fault!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thank you for you reply ...I am, a sodium junkie...lol I will try out what you suggest...no,salt or low salt for a few days and then back on...

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thank you ......

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Th

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Mine was caused by ototoxic meds....good luck and thank you...

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thank you for your reply.....

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thank you ....will:do

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      How did you get t? Mine was ototoxic drugs

14. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah mine too...so who knows...again the mysteries of tinnitus!!

I think having really low days like you do gives reason to be hopeful it will go away totally one day.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. russiancarl

russiancarl Member

@Vegas Robb Sorry I couldn't be more help. It really is the nature of the beast. I think we should be happy that we get some quiet time as a lot of people here don't. But, in some aspects it makes you more sad as you have that relative peace for a small fraction of time and yet... for me at least... I find it hard to enjoy as I know the roaring will return eventually :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Trust me man...just enjoy the quiet times. If I could have one day, or a few hours a week, this could go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Mine seems to be mostly affected by the way I sleep.
      If I get more than 6(ish) hours of constant sleep, I'm usually having a silent day.
      If I sleep very late or wake up early (which happens quite often) it will probably be a louder than usual day.
      Also, sleeping on my right side seems to help silence the tinnitus even more.

Food doesn't seem all that important for me.
      Eating huge amount of junk food doesn't affect the loudness.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Its was a challenge to figure out and get under 2500mg but so far its worth it.

19. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      The past two days were a little bit quieter. Still I can hear it 24/7, but it was lower and not so intrusive. I really don't know why. That was the first time after months. I was hoping for this to continue, but today, when I woke up, full blast again. Nevertheless I started my day with the dog whistle in my head.
      At least it seems that even after a long time with T (11 months), it could get lower.

• Like Like x 2
    20. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      @Martin69 OMG!!! I am so happy to read that you got at least 2 quiet days!!! that's amazing.

As for me, I had 10 quiet days and for the past 3 days, it's been super loud.... my period is approaching and it did the same thing last month. It must be related.

@Vegas Robb my T is due to ototoxic meds and it does cycle just like yours.

• Like Like x 2
    21. Rachel Murray
      Amazed

Rachel Murray Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      @Vegas Robb I think of that everyday! If it changes, it means one day it can simply vanish, right? I live with that hope!

Mine is ototoxic too (thanks to @ampumpkin for explaining me the correct name) but I have both variations, high pitch (ringing/whistle) and low frequency (car motor / engine vibration) - it's like living in hell.

It is the great mystery of T: why some days it is better and some days it is worse? I truly believe that finding out why will lead to a solution for this crazy thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Because this is a neurological problem and like all neurological disorders it is quite random. Even people suffering from ALS have random days where they have more strenght than on other days. Neurons are just random like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Vegas Robb
      You may be like me (and others) and have cyclic T; I have no idea why mine is quiet for two days and screaming on another day. I'm glad I get quiet days but I must admit it made habituation a lot harder (ups and downs). What causes the cycles? If only I knew...

Mark