You Are a Champion!

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Jul 28, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Let me share something with you -

Do you know that you are a champion? People may not tell you this, but I tell you this and here is my reason why. You guys and gals handle a very TOUGH and brutal situation each and every second in the lives you live. Tinnitus is a difficult matter and it takes a very UNIQUE person to handle it and simply live their life.

You guys are doing this, not everyone can handle tinnitus and what it can bring to the table each and everyday. YOU guys are dealing with it and still moving forward!

At times, you may feel that you are stuck, but in reality, each and everyday you are moving forward and proving to tinnitus, that you are the winner.

It takes a very special person, to deal with this issue, give yourself a pat in the back for being STRONG and such a warrior. Don't expect the world to understand, what you are going through. Only those that are experiencing this will TRULY understand what you are going through.

I feel that tinnitus can make one very humble and help them develop empathy for others that suffer from all kinds of illnesses. Use that empathy to love others and do good and pay it forward in life.

You may ask, why should i do this? I am suffering from tinnitus, 24-7. The reason is this, if you do good and love and help others, then you will feel good about YOU!

I suffer like all of you do, but I pay it forward each day and come here to support and care about this board. Even if the tinnitus is bad, the HEART is filled with love, joy and accomplishment. Doing good and paying it forward in life, is REWARDING.

It takes a STRONG person to handle such an ordeal and all the members here are warriors and should be very proud of themselves for showing such character.

Be good to yourself, love others and keep pushing forward in this life!!!

• Like x 21
      • Winner x 12
      • Hug x 7
      • Optimistic x 5
      • Friendly x 4
      • Useful x 1
    2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Awe, @fishbone, another inspiring post! I love that you are living your life and encouraging others to do the same.

I keep wondering how I can turn this into good. How can I take the sourest lemon life had to offer and turn it into lemonade? And yeah, I just quoted a TV show. :D

I didn't expect to having severe hearing loss in my 30s. I want to transform this pain and loss into something good. I want to make a difference so that someday, I can look back and say that hearing loss did not destroy my life but transformed it into something that benefited others.

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We still can make an impact in this world no matter what :)

I have had poor hearing since my teens, but still smiled and read lips as best as i could!

You are doing great, keep it up!

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. DoNotGoGentle

DoNotGoGentle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/15 got worse 11/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earbuds, inner ear infection NHL and high frequency loss

Thank you sir for this! It lovely and amazing! I know I should not be down and out my hearing loss is only down to 25db at a couple places. I know o need to carry on but dealing with aftermath of not dealing with my hearing issue sooner. Hateing myself for it. Also dealing with death of LP front man has been hard since that music was such an important thing in mylife. Never give up!

• Like Like x 4
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We are a lot stronger than we think.....

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @fishbone Such an inspiring and timely post after waking up with very little sleep and SCREAMING ears. I'm in awe of the positivity here as I know how much energy it takes to make it through a bad day.... thank you x

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    7. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      I didn't expect it either, I do use it to my advantage though. I can very easily tune out somebody talking to me that I don't really care to hear about. I suppose that's something good about it lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Ha! It's miserable but we do have to look for the silver lining.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      Nice post @fishbone - Some times it's difficult to manage everything in our lives having tinnitus... but as you said, we are champions!

5ball-juggle.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Rock123

Rock123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      yet reality is nobody knows or cares and we're not getting any trade-off for it either.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That doesn't make you less of a warrior! In today's world more people will come forward with tinnitus, because our society is just too LOUD....

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Good day! Do you fall in several places to 25 dB? Because of what? Did you do a hearing test only up to 8 kHz (speech frequencies)? Above 8 kHz did not check?

13. DoNotGoGentle

DoNotGoGentle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/15 got worse 11/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earbuds, inner ear infection NHL and high frequency loss
      Hi IvanRus yeah 3-4 hz left ear 25db and right ear 3hz 25 db lound music and earbuds then tested me above 8kHz I can remember bud had 30 db loss at 16000 hz due to ear infection my audiologist said most likely the T was due to that. Since she told me that she has seen people with the noise notch and they don't have T sometimes. Still I knew what I was doing. I knew my hearing was changing.

14. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      My husband always tells me that I am a warrior. I guess this thread confirms it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      A great post.
      You are well worth following, my friend.
      I have often thought,
      “show me a Tinnitus sufferer, and I’ll show you a hero.......a reluctant one of course....but a hero none the less!”
      Jazzer

• Like Like x 3
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks a lot :)

I have it hard just like all of you. I just woke up from a nice 1 + hour nap and my ears are buzzing super crazy loud. It is what it is buddy, life has thrown me and a constant lemon and my lemonade stand is an endless ordeal...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Today is a day made for my fellow champions! Enjoy and be blessed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Today is dedicated to all my fellow champions. Dang it , the tinnitus is screaming like crazy, but we shall make it through with each others support :)

Be proud of yourselves and lets make today a good day.....

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      @fishbone Your posts actually made me tearful. In a good way though haha. Could do with one of you to carry around with me 24/7 at the moment.

Thank you x

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Nice post, I always believe this to be true bro, only warriors can handle this T noise 24/7 . I don’t think there is anything in life we can’t handle after T . Just my feelings!

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @fishbone - I truly know we all suffer,
      ......some people write posts with a real
      ‘Feel Good’ factor, and I’ve got to tell you,
      You are the Guvnor !! x

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. Bassplayer

Bassplayer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Sorry to jump on here but I’m also proud of the majority who move on and no longer suffer....

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    23. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      My tinnitus is actually low mid volume and I can tell other people on this forum have it much louder, and I have habituated after 3 months of hell. But still to this day it's the hearing distortion that's ruining me. Since music, everyday noises I took for granted now are distorted and the auditory nerve does not repair itself.

What people don't understand about me is my tinnitus happened during a maniac episode since I have B.P.D and HF autism, I intentionally damaged my hearing for the "lolz" while meme-ing to hard with a few of my idiot internet friends, and following the maniac episode it was in my opinion the final insult trying to live with a mental health condition when life is retardedly not in my favor, now I had caused permanent damage to my physical body that will forever haunt me because of one stupid mistake. However I wasn't always a retard like I am now spending most of my day shitposting on a tinnitus forum with threefirefour and praising my failure.

For most of 2017 I was an extremely positive person like Fishbone
      I was in the process of changing my life around I exercised a lot, ate healthy, did martial arts and adopted extremely good life habits.
      I used my favorite music to kick bad habits and help me cope. (I loved 80's music btw) Then I got over confident and felt I was in a safe zone in life to go back to my old habits of being irresponsible and immature.
      A mistake that will haunt me forever.

The only way I can cope with T/H and hearing loss is too view life and reality as a joke, if I take anything serious I feel emotional pain. I don't want to feel any strong negative emotions on the dreams that I killed, so in conclusion I am accepting I am a failure and excepting I'm going to be leaving the gene pool in 5 years if a cure for hearing loss is not atleast close. It is so much easier then fighting. Failure is an art and I have perfected it.

I consider positivity a good thing but we have to be rational about it. Most people on this forum are redeemable. I am not I am way too far gone, if I choose to fight to keep my dreams a live like I did the first month of having tinnitus and move on with my life it will most likely result in me becoming depressed to the point of suicide. (which it almost did )

Most people on this forum have tinnitus because of loud music, or gun firing without ear protection, neck and jaw misalignment or menieres disease. Their tinnitus and or hearing loss is not linked to emotional trauma and a life long struggle with untreated mental health issues. Mine is. Ofcourse there are exceptions, mostly US armed forces that have tinnitus and hearing loss linked to warfare trauma. But most people including myself consider it pathetic that a loser like myself of monumental proportions would justify that I deserve the same level of dignity and condolences for my suffering as someone who is putting their life on the line to defend a great nation.

I was fighting between extreme depression and maniac episodes YEARS before I had tinnitus
      I don't want to keep fighting anymore it's stupidly not in my favor. I could be selfish and point out the reason I have I have autism is because my mom gave birth to me in her mid 40's and she also has B.P.D/ADHD (AND DOESN'T TAKE ANY MEDS FOR IT!)

My dad was always out of the picture and is a really introverted guy. But ultimately I accept responsibility and say my T is my total fault. I'm not going to blame my parents but those were real shitty life circumstances.

I have been trolled. I have failed. I have lost and it's not a nice day for me.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
      • Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life is never easy. I am battling some depression as we speak and it's not fully related to the tinnitus. Having very poor hearing and loud/intrusive tinnitus is not as easy task. On top of that I am forcing myself... to socialize much more because my depression is building up, from lack of being out there. I plan on visiting the local university and signing up. I frequently go to the supermarket and talk to people and even exchanged numbers with a fella, that served our great country. He's a veteran and a real nice/humble fella.

The key in this very post, that I am making right now is this. At times we need to FORCE ourselves to do stuff...even when we have no motivation and energy for it. My life has jaded me hardcore, it's been brutal and most people that have walked in my shoes, will not be so so supportive and give their time to supporting others(in and out of the internet). Now, that may not be the case 100% of the time, but throw in intrusive tinnitus and 24-7 pain, most will not do what I do.

I still feel that as long as I am alive...we are alive, we still can contribute to our own lives and the lives of others. Now, this is ONLY if we want to do this, all people are different. I will not quit this life and it's hardships till the very last breathe in my body. Whether my tinnitus ever goes away or it becomes much much worst. It will be a special day/epic dream come true if tinnitus gets cured, but I will live my life and still achieve greatness if it doesn't...

In the end of the day, all of us are trying hard to live a life... that normal people take for granted. Always be proud of yourself and know that you are TRULY a special person, a unique person and for sure a CHAMPION!

I always think of all my tinnitus brothers/sisters :)

• Like x 3
      • Hug x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    25. Turner
      Balanced

Turner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/16/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks @fishbone......I needed this.
      Queen - We Are The Champions Lyrics

• Like Like x 2
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's Sunday and this tinnitus is brutally loud. No one gets just how hard life is, except us. I am writing this post to let you know that, you guys are truly amazing. Always be very proud of yourselves and just keep pushing forward. Today is another great day to push forward and do something amazing.

Bless....

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    27. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      “Fishbone - will you marry me ??”
      - (Ooops - I’m already spoken for !!!)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is a nice read to motivate you amazing people!

• Like Like x 1
    29. Stu1983
      Studious

Stu1983 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Around 2008/spiked 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2008 sound/2018 Meds made the volume several times worse
      @fishbone
      Thank you bro lots of love and respect from Toronto

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If I can make a positive difference in one person's life via my posts, then I have done my job :)

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1