You WILL Be Ok: My Tinnitus Reminds Me of How Strong I Am and What I Can Overcome

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Katierachel7, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Katierachel7

Katierachel7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I hope that you are well, wherever you are in the world.

After my own experience of constant tinnitus starting one morning out of the blue when I woke up, I wanted to post a positive thread for any new tinnitus sufferers out there.

I’m aware that you may be scanning the internet for treatments, therapies, anything that will suggest that your tinnitus can be cured or lessened. I wish someone had saved me the heartache and told me what I’m about to write here.

Your tinnitus may be here to stay, but you will get back to normal. You will feel like you again. Please save yourself from false advertising of cures and remedies and focus on your mental wellbeing. Our brains are amazing things and can overcome so much. Including tinnitus.

Only around 2% of individuals do not habituate to tinnitus. Yes your tinnitus may not go, but I promise that for the most of you, you will not be bothered by it even when you hear it, and you will live amazing and happy lives, just as you would have before the tinnitus.

My tinnitus reminds me of how strong I am and what I can overcome mentally and one day it’ll do the same for you.

In the meantime, Dr Bruce Hubbard has some amazing resources - he has tinnitus himself and helps others by maintaining a CBT and fact based acceptance approach.
      https://www.cbtfortinnitus.com/resources

Look after yourselves - you CAN do this x

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Rod McDonald

Rod McDonald Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2012
      Thanks for this. Appreciated.

3. KotaDomowa