10 Years with Tinnitus — Major Spike 2 Months Ago — Now It's Better!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Megatron, Aug 14, 2015.

1. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Hello Fred,

I'm in the same boat as you.

I was doing really well for a couple years and recently encountered a spike and hear my T all the time again.

Staying healthy and exercise helps me a lot but this 2 week spike is getting really annoying. :-(

2. Aries
      Worried

Aries Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      Hey John,

Did ure spike from last year (post earlier about the coverband) go back to bassline again? Or is it still the same spike? Im having a major spike right now. My friend blasted music in her car and eventhough i was wearing earplugs my tinnitus spiked :(

3. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did go down to baseline after about a week.

Now I'm on a super healthy food plan which I thought would help and it seems to be spiking again here and there but not bad.

I am starting to think that it is just me over thinking it and maybe salt has a lot to do with it too.

Exercise seem to help the most.

I still kick myself since it was so avoidable in my case but life goes on.. How did you get yours?

4. Aries
      Worried

Aries Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      mine was avoidable too :( the guilt is big and regret. got it frome headphones to begin with :(

had it for a managable level but this spike i have now is killing me :(

5. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Give it a week and mask as much as possible.

I have a great app on my phone which has "Cicadas" which sound more like crickets. -- PHONAK is the name of the app and it's free.

I also recommend playing the radio in your car (low to medium), opening windows when you can, read the success stories, use little salt, and exercise (I never hear mine when I'm at the gym).

Do you have any hobbies or passions? -- Mine is golf and antique cars. -- I recommend doing more of what you love when you can to help too..

I know it's a real mind f*#@ and it's hard to go on with everyday things but we can't do anything about what we did in our past. -- I've dwelled on Sept 14th, 2015 over and over and over in my head but it's just a waste of time and energy.

Right now, I'm trying to offset the daily T annoyances with my new Keto food plan. -- I feel ten times better but it is a real mindset change and took me a year to commit to it (my wife does a lot of the receipt research, etc).

6. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Have you found out where your tinnitus is from?

Do you have hearing loss?

What kind of sleeping pills did you take? Benzodiazepines? (xanax, clonazepam, phenazepam