15-Year-Old and Need Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sammy O, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Sammy O

Sammy O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello I’m new here. I developed tinnitus a couple days ago. I’m already currently suffering from Depersonalization which will pass if I manage my anxiety but with this randomly emerging T it’s been harder. It started soon as I heard a ringing in my ear that passed in a couple seconds, but I got scared so I searched for the sound and now I think I gave myself tinnitus. I don’t wear earphones much and I definitely wasn’t listening to anything loud days prior to getting this. It sounds like a high whistle tone.

I had trouble sleeping last night and I’m scared I’ll have this for long. I’m considering that I have earwax buildup because my ears also feel full. But I’ve read threads saying that earwax removal either worsened or started many people’s T. Please give me advice if you have it. Im just trying to live a normal life.

2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi Sammy. Welcome.

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean "you searched for the sound"?

Also, since you've only had tinnitus a few days, chances are still good it'll just go away.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sammy O

Sammy O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for responding :) also by that I meant that I was actively looking for the sound after the initial loud ringing went. And since then I hear it. Sometimes I don’t hear it throughout the day and other times I do. I hope it goes.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Sammy,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Have your ears checked for wax in a weeks time and before hand get some wax softener from the chemist first to soften it.
      Don't fixate on horror stories .
      Try stay calm and play relaxing music as anxiety can cause tinnitus.
      Let us know how you get on

Love glynis x

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sammy O

Sammy O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I’ll go to the doctor today to see if I have wax buildup. And hopefully I’ll get some wax softener. I’m pretty sure my tittinus is anxiety induced because I never had it before. It wasn’t until I became a little panicked at the sound and concentrated on it. Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
    6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      This suggests you have a mild T. Don't worry and focus on it. Get your mind busy on something else interesting and enjoying and soon you will find your brain won't care about your tinnitus. You will be just fine. Young people adapt well and many have written success stories. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1