23, My On-Off Experience with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ThunderCurrie, Jun 20, 2014.

1. ThunderCurrie

ThunderCurrie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hello everyone, nice to be here. :)

Currently, I'm 5 days into my second suffering of the T, after being ridden of it for 2 and a half months.

It started on March 24th this year. I (used to) listen to music at very loud volumes, because it helps/helped to write stories (you can't really write a dramatic scene, when you've got parents yelling to each other about 'poo and bums' and whatnot, now can you?). Actually, I don't remember if I was listening to music when it started... On the evening of March 24th, I started looking for the source of this high-pitched ringing. Eventually I found it: in my own damn head, and it wouldn't go away no matter what I tried. So I gave it 2 nights to **** off, which it didn't.

On the 26th, I went to see a Doctor. He suggested it could merely be the changing of seasons, and I got prescribed some nasal spray. When I got the spray a few days later, I neglected it. I couldn't understand how spraying my nose was going to help. Obviously I wasn't as desperate to be rid of T as I am now. But, after about a week or so, the T just stopped. For a good 2-and-a-half months.

I stupidly continued to listen to extremely loud music, which WOULD make my ears ring, but never seemed to bring back the T.

On this week's Monday morning, June 17th, I woke up with it again. I hadn't listened to loud music beforehand. I hadn't heard it the night before. Now it's back again and I hate it with a passion.

Maybe the Doctor is right; that it IS just 'seasonal'. On both occasions of getting it, it seems to have just come out of nowhere. Desperately hoping it's only temporary again.

Sorry for the tl;dr ('too long; didn't read :D). I'm just happy to know that I've got somewhere to talk about my T now, though. If it's permanent, this forum will be like my new home.

2. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @ThunderCurrie At any point in your conversation with your doctor did he explain about Tinnitus and noise exposure? Was the Doc an ENT?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ThunderCurrie

ThunderCurrie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I don't quite remember what he said, but he was a GP. He syringed out my ears with water, told me to take the nasal spray and said it could be an allergic reaction to pollen. That's as much as I remember.

4. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      @ThunderCurrie I really hope your T goes away soon!!!! Hopefully it is "seasonal". I have chatted with people before here on TT that have intermittent T due to seasonal allergies. I hope yours is temporary! Keep us posted!

Glad you found us here on TT!! This has been my "home" since I discovered it last year. Great people here on this forum, with solid support and information!! :)(y) TT is a great resource! It's a place you can come to where people actually get what you are going through!! Something comforting about that. I thought I was crazy before I found TT!

Wishing you peace and relief!!

Jeff

:rockingbanana:

• Agree Agree x 1