3 Months and Tinnitus Is Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by TheLetterA, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TheLetterA

TheLetterA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I wanted to share my story because so many stories on here are very down and depressing, and rightfully so, but when the onset of what I got happened, I came to this forum and it honestly made me have anxiety like no other based on what other people were experiencing.

Anyway, here it goes. About three months ago, I got T from what I thought was from going to a concert. Basically, no one knew what was wrong with me because I did not have hearing loss. My doctors, yes doctors, from many that I went to see told me that there is a 0% it was permanent, they just couldn't pin point when it would go away. What the did find unusual was the pain in my ear, and liquid feeling I would get sometimes. So after more allergy testing, and more not knowing what was wrong, I continually had short bursts of pain like needles poking into my ears, which everyone thought was from something, just not sure what. Either way, the ringing kept steady, but I noticed it continuously fading daily. Finally, they looked at my jaw, and it turned out that what was happening was from my wisdom teeth being extracted, and the over extension of my jaw which caused me TMJ, which in turn, was causing all of my ear problems.

Now in this time I started to suffer from panic attacks, and hyperventilation thinking the worst and the what-if scenarios. Now, three months and my night guard for realigning my mouth and the disc in my jaw, my ear pain has subsided to being very manageable, and basically it is only there maybe never. The ringing has also faded away 98%, my ENT told me that the more my jaw realigns that I will be 100% soon enough. On top of this all, I am also a runner, and as a runner, I was putting more pressure on my joints in the recent warm weather which was inadvertently causing me pain throughout my body.

I've also wanted to share that I went to Dr. Nemeh in Ohio, who is a miracle healer, and he performs special acupuncture which is through electric stimulus at the same time. He corrected my body alignment a week ago as of writing this, and worked on my neck, back, and stomach too. He also prayed over me, and saw the healing taking place for me. In that time he was incredibly right and why I am writing this as well. I think this experience has also drawn me closer to God. I was angry, of course, but I kept praying, knowing that this was probably the result of guiding me on a new path in my life and new path for me. I was atheist, and after coming back to the Catholic Church, I began praying the rosary daily, asking for signs that this would get better, and each time I asked for a sign, one sign after another would come through all telling me that I would get better, and that this was not going to be permanent.

I've also worn ear plugs whenever I go out, but decided that I was not going to let T hold me back from experiencing life and being happy. It was hard to deal with at first, but the happier I felt, the better my ears were.

I would also like to suggest picking up The Secret - The Magic and practicing that as well. It has helped me tremendously, and Making a Miracle Happen in 40 Days by Melody Beattie. Trust me, it works. And has worked for me.

I am confident everyone on here will get better and that there is hope just around the corner for you too. :)

To all of you people who are struggling with this in the first month or so, just know that you too will get better, don't panic, don't stress just chill and you will be okay. I promise.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Ann C.

Ann C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Thank you for the uplifting story!

3. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      i have had it ten years. Others have had it even longer. After this time there is no chance

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Maybe praying calmed your mind and kept the anxiety down. The doctors basically told you it wasn't permanent, that there was a physiological reason for it. In other words, it was somatic tinnitus apparently related to TMJ and not as a result of the loss of hair cells in the inner ear, or ototoxic meds, or overwhelming acoustic trauma, or unrelenting stress.

Now that you know about tinnitus, protect your hearing. You're very very lucky to have escaped this affliction.

• Like Like x 1
    5. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      There is no guarantee. Many people say they had it temporarily at first but then it eventually became permanent.

6. Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? + badluck? Clubbing? IDK!
      How long after the extraction you got Tinnitus.

7. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      T can go away early on, especially during the first few months regardless of who you see and what you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      From his etiology, it seems the probability was high of his tinnitus being temporary: "My doctors, yes doctors, from many that I went to see told me that there is a 0% it was permanent, they just couldn't pin point when it would go away."

I believe tinnitus can fade away in time, depending on the severity and the cause. Or maybe it doesn't go away, but the brain simply stops reacting to the phantom sound and the hyperactive neurons calm down. I just don't know.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      What is TMJ ? It was the Cause....
      Guess i don't know that acronym..

thanks for the help,

10. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      Happy for you. My trouble started after visit to dentist, where I believe I brutally overstretched my jaw for 1 hour. I don't have pain though, but a clicking sound in jaw. Also I have had prognathism since I have been a kid. I am hoping the tinnitus problem is connected to this stuff.

I am -very- wary of 'miracle healers', though, let alone 'The Secret'. Even 'God'. I am not a scientist but I think like a scientific person: I question everything and believe nothing unless there's clear and hard data right there.

Happy for you, though. :) All the best.

11. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      You know, I'm very curious about seeing if my tinnitus is caused by my wisdom teeth. I only grew the bottom ones, also my jaw is misaligned very badly because I'm missing a molar which shifted my jaw. I do remember that before all of this started; I was clenching my jaw terribly at night and I woke up because my jaw hurt really bad. Idk, I might just go get my wisdom teeth pulled anyways because they are starting to give me some pain in my lower jaw. I'm not afraid it will cause a spike because my mom has tinnitus for 25 years (she told me she got it the day I was born, maybe it's my fault haha ;)) and she says that nothing changes her tinnitus; just constantly the same volume (unless her sugar drops or raises).
      Hope you all have a great day!
      Ricardo

12. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      I'm going to start doing qigong next week, just for meditation and just maybe I can get rid of this, if not. Then I can tell people *douche voice* yea, I practice the ancient art of qigong lol

• Like Like x 1
    13. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @erik

You're totally right when you say it depends who you see at first. If I hadn't see this stupid doctor at the hospital who should have warned me not to expose myself again in the immediate, I wouldn't be here today. (1st trauma, my T was gone 3 days after).

14. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Must be nice, 7 days after my acoustic trauma my doctor told me "yep it's permanent get a masking device and learn to live with it and don't bother looking for a cure". He crushed any hope I had, and the hope I had been given by a previous doctor. Funny thing is he has T himself, so maybe he was just jaded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yeah, he was jaded, almost all doctors have this "God Complex" where they believe that know everything, and what they dont know how to treat... is incurable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      • Useful Useful x 1