32 Years and Counting...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mave, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Mave

Mave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1984
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey fellow tinnitus sufferers,
      I have had this condition since January 1984, when I was just a babe of 20 years. It has made my life a living hell, but I realized long ago that I would have tinnitus until the day I die. I have struggled with insomnia, depression and anxiety all this time. Of late alcohol overuse also. I am so sick and tired of the "no solution and there's nothing you can do about it" frustration. Maybe I deserve this living hell?

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I don't have T as long as you but some members do. The most read success story here 'Back to Silence' was written by a notable member I Who Love Music who has have T for 40 years. He wrote the success story after getting relief by his BTS method which he describes in this story thread. So give it a try. Take care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

3. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Nobody deserves 'this living hell' even if the tinnitus is noise induced and the person who was subject to the loud noise was not taking any care of their ears.
      I'm nearly at 2 years and my life has been changed beyond recognition, but I think there will be a solution or maybe several solutions in time. I may not live to see them.
      I cannot let tinnitus rule my life now as there is far too much going on here...weddings, dependent elderly relatives, ill partners, ill in-laws etc. So, I have to get on with things as I need to assist others.
      So Mave, sorry to hear that you feel this way....but...HELL NO...you don't deserve it. HELL NO, NO, NO....

Fungus.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Damn, that's a long time to be suffering.

Your profile said it was from vomiting? Did it somehow get into your middle ear or were there other factors at play that caused it?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mave

Mave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1984
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh I was sick and vomiting is all. Nothing in the ear! I must have damaged something in the ear, which is such a fluke. Not noise related at all, I have never liked loud music, never been to a concert.