4 Months In — Update with Some Tips

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aschenherz, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello there, I wanna give a little update about my condition.

Tomorrow it will be 4 months without silence and .. it got better. :)
      Hopefully that is a huge relief for the beginners. BUT it's still very hard to not focus on the tinnitus.
      Every week I have some good days and some bad days plus ONE horrible day.

I don't react on the tinnitus anymore with suicidal thought. I hope that helps. It's still very depressing to not be able to enjoy silence anymore. I think, the key for habituation, for my habituation is to let go on these feelings. Maybe, some day, I wake up and haven't got the ringing anymore. Even after YEARS we have some cases where it did happen.

So I wanna share some points that are crucial:

1. Stay positive
      the biggest point and the hardest to learn. Like I said, everything can happen and maybe, some day you think about tinnitus and you smile. Why? Because you are habituated. Or you have so much fun in this world that it doesn't bother you anymore. OR it has faded away. EVERYTHING can happen. So stay positive.

What do you have, when you are negative about it? Nothing.
      No reason at all to be negative. And I KNOW what I'm talking about, I wanted to die in the first months and was very, very close to do it.

2. Try something new
      What was also crucial for me was, that I learned EVERYTHING what the world has to offer and try it. It's so much fun, I couldn't imagine that.

3. See this as a new chance in life
      The thing about tinnitus is: it makes you very productive. So you shouldn't see tinnitus as your enemy. Thank it for motivating you. Yes, I know, that is .. kinda fucked up. But that was the turning point. After that the panic attacks stopped.

4. Duncan's success story
      He claimed that you should let tinnitus give you negative thoughts.
      Don't fight against it. Just let it be. And that was also a great help. All that tinnitus can do is to make you feel miserable. Don't let that happen!

5. TinniTom's tips
      The main point was his signature. It says:
      "the mind is your prison when you focus on the fear." It is so true. Just stay busy with what you really like and the tinnitus has no chance to interfere (maybe only on very bad days)

The message here is very positive. I know that I'm not even on my way to success yet. Today is so hard to focus on something else. But I will. And with time it will become a habit. Like the habit to focus on the tinnitus.

Stay strong.

And thank you for this great community.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1