4 Years of Tinnitus — Still Bugs Me, Yet Something Good and Interesting Has Come Out of It

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Marie79, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So I am going to be SUPER honest here. I still don't like tinnitus. I am not just "oh it's another noise I barely notice." Yes there is much more now that I don't notice than in the beginning. But it isn't like I never notice it and I wouldn't ever like to hear silence.

I have always been a nervous nellie and when I got tinnitus I completely freaked out. You can see all my history in this group. I went to all the doctors, I had probably a nervous breakdown. But with my history with anxiety, I likely would have had a nervous breakdown from "something."

It doesn't run my life anymore. I was forced to "keep myself busy" so that during the day I didn't get obsessed and upset as much.

I lost the job I had when I first got tinnitus. I don't think I lost the job because of tinnitus but it probably didn't help that I could barely wake up for early morning meetings because I had a hard time sleeping. But since I lost that job I started a business and put ALL my energy into that. I went into real estate and have received national media attention, I average about $1,000,000 in sales in real estate a month only 1.5 years from getting my license. I am constantly there for my clients. They can text me anytime and if I am not asleep I usually answer. I have NEVER put this much energy into a job before. I have a team, I am doing something in my life I NEVER thought I would accomplish. I NEVER thought I would find this much success in life financially.

Don't worry I am not selling anything here. I am just trying to show you that it is possible to put that energy into something productive.

Who knows? Maybe it was all fate. That whole "keep your mind busy and you won't notice tinnitus' advice was huge in making all of this possible.

I hope all this makes sense. Put your energy into something productive. Maybe there is a God and he wants you to really pay attention to something. I don't know how I feel about religion but I can tell you I would not have found the success I found if I didn't get tinnitus.

• Winner x 11
      • Like x 8
      • Hug x 3
      • Agree x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. Radovan Nikolic

Radovan Nikolic Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hi, what did you use to calm the anxiety and depression? A lot of people are telling me similar stories, that the brain will learn to disregard the hissing. All the best.

3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      The same with me, I throw myself into sewing and reading more these days and less focus is placed on materialism and vain pursuits. The avoidance of loud places has shaped and change my view of the world as well, for the better and I am grateful for it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      You go girl...great to read that something positive has come out of this clusterf*ck of a condition.
      I wish you a happy future free of tinnitus...or at least thinking about it.
      X

5. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @coffee_girl
      I remember reading that your tinnitus is very low. Is that still the case? Has your tinnitus gotten better?

6. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Are you gonna use any of that fortune to try Neuromod Lenire?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'm a firm believer that from bad comes good. As much as I struggle with tinnitus, it changed the way I listen to music (I stopped using earphones) and possibly saved my hearing from getting worse as a result.

8. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      My tinnitus has remain the same since 2 years ago however my awareness has increased so i have to do the whole habituation thing over again. It's really a bummer when you are always paranoid that your tinnitus is louder when it is actually the same as it always has been and your sensitivity to it has increased. I am slowly getting over it though, thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 1
    9. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      That's an inspiring story! It must be really interesting to work with real estate. I am happy for you :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      I can’t see anything good coming from tinnitus. Good things can come in life after getting tinnitus, but let’s face reality here folks. It’s like someone saying they are happy they lost their eyesight because they now appreciate their other senses more. Lol

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    11. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      I've lost a lot of opportunities thanks to tinnitus. If I didn't get it, I'd probably have closed a few deals worth 5 figures each. I've barely done any work, so obviously I've fallen behind my bills and debts have piled up past $50K now over the past 9 months. I'm trying to get back to work, but it's so dang difficult.

Even if I were to make good money, one thing I believe is that it ALWAYS limits you in some way or another. I think you could be making MORE if you didn't have tinnitus. Either way, good on you, I'm happy that you're able to still work! It's huge.

But once a cure comes out, I know for sure our work output will go up!!