48 Hours with No Benzos

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michellejean, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      So today, as of 9 am I have gone 48 (really 50) hours with no benzos after tapering down to .125 mg. The past 2 days I have felt anxious, nauseous,worried, tired, frantic, headaches, not interested in food, tremors and shakiness (is this common). I read it takes 4 days of detox to get the full blown start of stage 1 withdrawal symptoms. Tinnitus in my right ear is a bit louder today, and I have to assume it’s the withdrawal.

Strangely I feel really happy and proud of being off the benzos and I really hope I can get through the physical withdrawals and just get off the damn things and be done for good.

Thanks everyone for being here and holding a space of support. Many members on here have helped me so much.

If you have any withdrawal anecdotes of your own to share and positive happy endings please post below!! Have a great day everyone. We can get through this together. I really feel sad I have tinnitus but it’s just a one day at a time things right now.

• Like Like x 8
      • Hug Hug x 3
    2. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      @Michellejean

Congratulations on your decision to stop Benzos ! It takes courage to do that and yes you can be proud of it !

Ok so now you are at the second day, little bit more now... and I think you need to keep going strong for maximum a few days from now...

If you can relax it would be very good ! Anything that can work for you... A long walk really helps too ! :)

Wish you all the Best !

Christophe

• Like Like x 3
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I was addicted to a HIGH amount of benzos and it took me over 1 year to taper and get off. All your symptoms are expected. It will take time for the body/mind to adjust. Good job on beating those devil pills :)

• Like Like x 3
    4. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @Michellejean
      Hang in there, kid, and stay with us and let us know how you're doing! If you don't mind me asking -- what were you taking, what was the dosage, how long were you taking it, and what was your taper schedule? You've taken a big step to get off benzos -- keep us updated on your progress! We're all rooting for you :)

• Like Like x 2
    5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Beating the benzos was the HARDEST battle I ever faced. It had control of my mind and body and I was just stuck in the wrath of hell. I am proud of all that face such a challenge and DEFEAT IT!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    6. Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m nervous when the time comes to get off Ativan :( it’s helping a lot but I’m worried.

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      Hi @Michellejean you are amazing keep on fighting! I am currently still withdrawing from 10 years of daily use. What was your use time and taper schedule? I hope you get a window soon!

• Like Like x 1
    8. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Congrats on finishing your benzo taper! I hope you start to feel better soon. Keep us all posted, Michelle.

• Like Like x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      @Christophe_85 @fishbone @kelpiemsp @Mystery Reader @Davey126
      THANK YOU SO MUCH! Today DIDNT suck. You all make me feel so encouraged and proud of myself. Ever since getting t I have felt like a failure even though I know none of this is my fault.

I started taking Ativan when this all began 4 months ago. I started at 2mg a day then tapered to 1 then to .5 then .125 and now nothing. I’m curious to see what the next few weeks will bring.

I’m trying not to worry because that wont save me any heartache. I’ve come to learn worrying is useless. Innate and hard to avoid doing but useless.

I’ll just accept today was a good day. Tomorrow might be complete shit but today is all I need to focus on.

Hugs!!

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      P.S. to @Michellejean
      The reason I asked specifics about your dosage, what you were taking, length of time taking it, and tapering schedule is because I'm in the midst of a benzo taper myself and am finding I need to make some adjustments. Learning from others on here what they did and how they did it has given me some good information on how I might be able to that, myself. If you'd rather not go into it, no problem -- the main thing is that you've made the jump for yourself! Keep us up to date on how you're doing!

Mystery Reader

• Like Like x 1
    11. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      You can do it!

• Like Like x 2
    12. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      @Michellejean, you were not on it very long, the dosage was not excessive, you tapered, etc., so you should be fine. Go easy with yourself, while your system adjusts.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Update: it’s now been 102 hours without benzos. They say it takes four days to start stage one withdrawal so here I am, ready to go. Strange enough besides being tired and I mean I went to bed at 7:45last night, I am not experiencing many symptoms yet.

I have been shakey and tremory but I’ve always had tremors actually. It’s just 10X. More noticeable now. My mood is up and down. Yesterday I was distracted at work and was even able to drive home and not feel sick over my reactive tinnitus. However by 3 pm I was crying and sad this is my life now.

I try to practice gratitude. When I feel negative I talk to myself about what I am grateful for. It does get me through a bit. I really do just feel like I’m waiting for time to pass until I feel “better” which I have no clue what that will be or look like but i yearn for it.

I’ll keep updating this thread as I k ow withdrawal can last from a week to months to years (psychologically) and I’m here for you all when I can be.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      You know @Michellejean you are on the right way and this totally normal to feel up and down with our Tinnitus going on +/- strong every day...

I also have moments when I say to myself "What a shitty Life you have now !"...

In these moments it is hard to see the positive in our situation but fortunatly this doesn't stay all the time like this ! Life is a roller coaster !

But one sure thing is that you are doing things in the good way ! :)

All the Best !

Christophe