5 Weeks In and Still Anxious.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Craggy 65, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hello all,
      I got tinnitus from speed cutting Perspex .At first I worried,then a full blown freak out,one option was jumping out a friends attic velux window,but instead he marched me down to A and E at 3am in the morning.I was interviewed by the mental health doctor,who said I was sane,but just panicking,gave me a diazepam,and referred back to my G.P.Who became more proactive,referring me to E.N.T.I had a hearing test,that confirm the damaged to both ears.He referred me for counciling which starts next week.In the meantime my moods fluctuate depending on the volume.I take a sleeper at night that works quick,but the on waking it all starts again.Last week it stopped for 20mins,and the party was planned,then it said"here I am again",and returned at a higher pitch but just as loud,and constant in both ears.I,ve got some more diazepam if I get too anxious.Read your forum is helping me try to stay positive .

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi Craggy! It`s early stage and it might aswell go on it`s own. just relax as much as possible, be in environments where the tinnitus is masked by wind or murmer sounds ... go to your meetings or whatever you have to do ... but one advice ... stay away as much as possible from the list below... on a good note, i heard from a friend he had T for 1 year and it went on it`s own ... he was happy!

Some drugs that can cause or worsen tinnitus
      Aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including ibuprofen (Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn)

Certain antibiotics, including ciprofloxacin (Cipro), doxycycline (Vibramycin, others), gentamicin (Garamycin), erythromycin (Ery-Tab, others), tetracycline (Sumycin), tobramycin (Nebcin), and vancomycin (Vancocin)

Antimalarial drugs such as chloroquine and quinine

Benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (Niravam, Xanax), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), and clonazepam (Klonopin)

Certain anticonvulsants, including carbamazepine (Tegretol, others) and valproic acid (Depakote, others)

Certain cancer drugs, including cisplatin (Platinol) and vincristine (Oncovin, Vincasar)

Loop diuretics, especially when given intravenously, including bumetanide (Bumex), furosemide (Lasix), and torsemide (Demadex)

Tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil, others), clomipramine (Anafranil), and imipramine (Tofranil)

http://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...s-ringing-in-the-ears-and-what-to-do-about-it

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Have you tried some masking on the T? Usually for new sufferers masking can reduce the anxiety and panic of hearing the sound. Masking at bed time is almost a must for newer sufferers to help them sleep. You can buy a sound machine or a sound pillow for that. You can also use an ipod or MP3 player, or a smart phone with sound generating APP for masking on the go. If you have a PC, you can download a free sound generator 'aire freshener' or use the TT masking tracks here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Craggy 65
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      hi,thank you nills and Billie for your encouragement,every day is different,today I got to the gym and worked hard in the veg.plot.Distraction makes it easier,in the evening I,m visiting friends,I don,t want to go to bed early or I wake up in the middle of the night,I have no trouble sleeping,as my doctor prescribed sleeping tablets.I only get anxious when it cranks up the volume,regards.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Hi Craggy, anxiety and panic are very normal the first, let's say, six month's.
      Your brain does not recognize this new sounds in your head, and they are warning you.
      Because sounds are made for reacting. For fight or flight. It's all in the limbic system that is making you reacting emotional and giving you panic.
      I have been in panic for 8, almost 9 month's.
      Now my panic is gone (I have T one year, on May 3th).

My sadness and sorrows are not gone. I still cannot sleep without white noise.
      My life is still all about T. It's very loud.

But the panic has gone. And so that's the first step....
      But remember it's normal to feel anxiety and panic in the first month's.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Craggy65, Glad you found this forum. Even though none of us would want anybody else to have this condition, it gives some comfort and let's you know that others have it also and you're not alone with your Tinnitus. Mornings are worse with me too with the anxiety issue and probably with most folk's that have it. Please hang in there, try to stay as busy as you can, and hopefully things will quiet down for you. Check this forum out on a regular basis too.............. God Bless......... Rich

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Craggy 65
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hi Gabrielle,thank you so much for your reassurances,i do get many mood swings in one day.I,m glad you are making progress,and hope to speak again soon,regards

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Craggy 65
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Hi Richard,thank you for your kind words.It seems impossible to predict what type of day is in store,but it does have some positive features .My empathy with people struggling with other conditions has risen sharply,and my conversations with others has a deeper quality now.regards from An English spring.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Hi craggy65

Welcome, but also sorry you're here!

Read all the success stories and hang in mate! It's a rough ride at first, but you'll come out the other side. keeping busy is the key and avoid caffeine, sodium, sugar and alcohol. Test each out and see what your triggers are.

Protect your ears from loud noises now! Did your ENT give you a shot of Prednisone or suggest an 8 day tapered course of it? Might help?

God bless,

Sailboardman