6 Weeks Into Tinnitus Due to a Myringotomy Procedure

Discussion in 'Support' started by s@35, Feb 20, 2020.

1. s@35

s@35 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myringtomy
      Hi, I’ve had tinnitus in my left ear for 6 weeks due to a myringotomy procedure I had done while I had a middle ear infection. I also have tinnitus in my right ear due to the steroids given to restore my hearing where it’s more of a Morse code sound. It's much more bearable in my right ear.

But over the last week or so my tinnitus has been changing. The level in my left ear has gone down but then it spikes and moves to the top of my head and sounds like crickets with a hiss sound in my ear. I’ve noticed when I put my head on my pillow that the ringing or the same tone seems to be in my good, right ear now. I have no hearing loss in that ear, only the left, and it’s a mild loss, not too noticeable.

Has anyone experienced their tinnitus moving to their better ear only for it to not be as severe?

I just started taking a Turmeric supplement last week as well as Magnesium, Ginkgo, vitamin C and Elderberry here and there.

I’ve been struggling with anxiety tremendously to get used to having this and I find myself constantly listening to it which I know doesn’t help. I’m a busy 35-year-old mom and it’s interfering with my ability to be at my best daily. I look normal, my family thinks I’m ok, but it’s to the point I feel physically ill from the stress. I’m having far more tough days than good.

Thankfully I’ve always used a white noise machine so I have no problem falling asleep. It’s the staying asleep that is tough sometimes.

Thanks and I’d appreciate any tips or support on what has helped you to manage.

2. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Yes, when I developed a new sound in late 2016 it was originally confined to my left ear, then in a few weeks also appeared on the right. But it's a lot quieter there and isn't always present. It stayed this way ever since.

3. AJ M.

AJ M. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myringotomy/Tympanoplasty
      Has your tinnitus gone away?