8 Weeks In and a Spike Since Sunday :( Maybe Because of Stress or Salty Foods?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JuneStar, Oct 17, 2018.

1. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      8 weeks in.

At times it seems to fade but since Sunday it's been really loud... definitely a spike.

Is it permanent?

I'm really stressed out. I got in a fight with my husband about dumb shit on Saturday evening then woke up with more noise in my ear.

It was like 8 or 9 days since my daughter slapped me and it had calmed down since then so I'm attributing this spike to stress, maybe salty foods.

I'm not really sure but it's really bad right now and more high pitched where it had been a lower hiss.

No noise trauma as I've been protecting my ear with a plug - maybe too much!!!

My hyperacusis isn't worse, if anything it seems to be better but my tinnitus has been shitty. I really hope this isn't a permanent increase in tinnitus.

I just read that at the beginning it fluctuates and takes time to settle. I hope this is the reason!!!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'm always thinking a spike is going to be permanent before settling down to its normal annoying self. I'm sure yours will as well.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree spikes often come back to baseline but obviously there is s period of unstable symptoms that can morph into different things. This is what scare people most not knowing what to expect next. Have patience to wait out this period with a positive and calm approach, much better than getting stressful and scared, as these tend to aggravate T. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      Mine does that all the time too. Happening right now in fact. A few days of near quiet and then blam-o, a day or two of loudness. Stress really spikes mine too. I also wonder if it's just going to stay loud.. but so far it hasn't. Mine is all over the place I guess. I'm just slightly over my 6 month mark with this monkey on my back so I still have hope it'll go away and stay away. One thing I repeat to myself is that a lot of people have it a lot worse than me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Exactly same for me, bit over 4 months in. On some days i have hope this could still fade because it is silent, then i get kicked in the nuts again. I always feel bad for needing to vent because mine is still manageable.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      so mine is back to baseline this morning, even after eating 2 sausage links for breakfast. with coffee. so that's good. I got 9 hours of sleep last night!!!:woot:so i'm sure that helped!!!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      ive heard that since it fluctuates and gets quiet your chance of it fading eventually higher. cross fingers.

8. Luminox

Luminox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At two months our body and mind are still adapting to this foreign condition called Tinnitus. One important thing to remember is that the intrusiveness of Tinnitus is dictated by our own perception of the ringing. Our emotional fabric is the one that decides when we are having a bad Tinnitus day. For this reason is crucial to have a good strategy to deal with the anxiety and depression that usually comes with Tinnitus. As we better manage our emotions, the Tinnitus spikes do not scare us much and the intrusiveness of the ringing in general is reduced significantly. Try to stick to your normal life as much as you can, and with patience you will get out of this hole soon.

Your body is healing! give it time!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      I hope so, right now it has gone back to near silence. Iā€˜m awaiting now the kick:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      thank you I have been!!! its tough but on good days it seems so doable and one bad days it's like AAAARGGH!

• Agree Agree x 1