A Bad Day and Very Tired

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lever151, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Lever151
      Busy

Lever151 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral ear infection
      hi all, day started off great...ringing was there...but took my son to play in the snow for 2 hours. Found myself concentrating on the noise a few time but it seemed good. Come in and wham, it seemed more intense for a long time. I'm actually listening to white noise while I write this to take my mind off it.
      Does playing in the snow make it worst?? I'm still trying to be optimistic that this will subside as the doctor said after the inner ear fluid goes away but I'm really freaked...doc put me on .5 mg Xanax XR to help w the ringing and anxiety. 2 days in and no change yet and still worked up. Should I take half a pill in. The am and half at night? Also gave me meclyzine to helps sleep. Im really scared. How do u all cope??

2. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Use the same white noise to sleep many people try pillow speakers or playing relaxing music during bedtime. I use the fan and tv on timer. Hang in there it will get better.

3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I think its all about managing your anxiety about your t..

COnsider trt or cbt?

4. MikeS
      Mellow

MikeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident
      I have had T for 2 and a half months. First month is the hardest. For some reason, exercise does exacerbate my T. Not sure why, maybe blood flow. Overall, exercise makes me feel better. For me, a warm shower helps.

First couple months, I found spa / healing music helpful.

One positive, you seem to know the cause of your T. Fluid has a good chance of clearing up.

5. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      I understand your concerns mate the first few months are very difficult your mind and anxiety is all over the place its frightening,i,was a wreck at start was scared to leave the bedroom at times,lost loads of weight all I could hear was the ringing couldn't sleep at some points I wanted to end it's hard and no one understands but we do. I still struggle now I'm not gonna lie but I i try to use as positive it to make me stronger if that makes sense.

One of the major turning points for me was when I started to get good rest ive said it quite a few times on this forum you are stronger than you think so trust in yourself given time you will either habituate or disappear into background most of the time.

I have got my life back now Its different but better in some ways even with t.
      I have a young son too so know the difficulties I lost a lot of quality time back last year due to the the t but already have trips lined up for this year and I'm he is not going to miss out.
      try to spend as much time with your family as you can any get back to living your life as best you can,in know it's hard but you have our support if you need it..don't be scared to take the meds if you need them also breathing exercises and prayer can be helpful.
      God bless

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lever151
      Busy

Lever151 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral ear infection
      God bless you all. It is very hard and these words are so encouraging. I am praying and do hope that it subsides. I do have moments throughout the day once and a while here I think it's off and find myself running to a quiet room to see. Then I realize it's there just lower or I pushed it off. Is this a good sign?? I've only had it for a week and I'm so sorry that I'm so scared and some of you have dealt with this for years. I almost feel selfish reaching out to you all . I'm staying optimistic that this is going to fade away. I do know that should God take this burden away from me you all have a life long advocate and champion on your side for this.

7. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Please don't feel selfish for reaching out...that's why we're here. Each and everyone of us were where you are now. Your T could resolve because you are so new to it--try to stay calm. A bad reaction will activate the limbic system which in turn will cause the autonomic nervous system to react. That's what happened to me. But here we are some months down the road and I am okay. I kind of freaked out because of the loud T that suddenly appeared for no apparent reason --turns out it's because I'm older and have a HFHL, as well as being anxious. We're here for you as long as you need us.