A Lesson for the Day

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Sep 9, 2018.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi folks,

I woke up with horrible ringing and horrible pain (this is the norm for me). I was looking forward to today for quite a while. The reason for this is because, today I had the chance to go to a food bank/shelter and feed and love 500-1000 poor folks that were less fortunate than I am. I was looking and focusing very hard on the people that were around me. Some had no teeth, some were blind, all of them had dirty clothing and some had broken spirits. I was in charge of giving them a warm plate with a delicious meal on it. I was in charge of acting like a brother, father, son to these people. It was my duty and role to say "HI, HOW ARE YOU, CAN I GET YOU SOME FOOD". These people are/were alone, broken, scared and struggling with no money, no food, no love from anyone.

I felt so at home being at this facility today. I felt like these were all my brothers and sisters and I wanted to be there for them and love them. My tinnitus was on demon level as usual. I had one ear plug in my bad ear and I was able to endure the loud noise with the other one.

I am always very grateful in my life. I have brutal pain and intrusive tinnitus but as long as I am able to walk and take care of myself/pets, THAT WORKS FOR ME!

I observed everything. I observed my emotions as I was able to give someone else a meal and a hope for that day. Yes, I am lonely and it sucks. I was learning so much about life and myself while serving others today. Even with this demon level tinnitus and these damaged ears and my body pain.

I am very blessed to be able to make a difference in people's lives.

No matter how bad we may have it, always try to make a difference and love others. It comes back to us.....

Bless....

PS- I treated all of these people like they were my family and enjoyed being around them. It's the most humbling feeling and I love these feelings the most. Just for today I forgot about my struggles and focused on these amazing people...

• Winner Winner x 11
      • Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      You make a difference in the lives of so many of us here at TT, fishbone. How fortunate for those who you helped today, I am sure that they will always remember you for your empathy and kindness.

You are a good man, fishbone.:huganimation:

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @fishbone,
      Your a true gentleman.
      When I worked in a cake shop many years ago I caught a man going through the big bin to find food or packs of sandwiches.
      I said knock on the door at the back and kept giving him bread,cakes,sandwiches etc he was so nice and obviously someone's dad or grandad.
      One day he stopped coming and I felt sad and hope he was ok but never saw him again.He always had a smile and whistled a lot.
      love glynis

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Your kindness and thoughtfulness precedes you, glynis.:huganimation:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      You are an earth angel @fishbone, helping others amidst your own struggles! THANK YOU x

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Beautiful! Well done. God bless you!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      First Timothy 6:8 New International Version (NIV)
      But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

May God bless you brother @fishbone !

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In my life I have always looked for motivation to get me through the tough times. A life of struggles and pain has been rewarded by going to the gym, having faith and being an athlete. Affliction and adversity has been healed by helping others and being kinder to folks that have it worst than I do. Being uplifting and being uplifted is all I live for.

To see good come out of bad. To see positivity come out of negativity. To see hope come out of hurt. I live for these things and I am glad to have found this site and being able to care for those that need it.

I am like this on this site and off this site. I may put a smile on a face on this site and I may put a smile on a face off this site. our heats and soul are always going to be bigger than any affliction. Our willpower and courage can stand up to any affliction.

As long as we just try and keep trying, something can eventually make sense :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I admire your work, that's awesome being a help to the community.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    10. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I have no idea how you do it!
      Most days I don’t feel like living let alone helping others!
      Not because I don’t want to but because I’m too unwell:(
      You truly are an inspiration!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Nice job my friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You are a hero, I am glad you were able to help people in needs, I hope you continue being great and keep up the great spirit, I so admire you for it, I hope one I will be able to get where you are at, thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All of us are heros, we just don't know it! Each and every one that lives and moves forward with tinnitus is a warrior in my books. Thanks for the kind words, I just feel the most gratification when I can make a difference and help people that are less fortunate than I am.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @fishbone We will get through this. I was asked to take part in an examination and discussion study that includes my situation. The team includes highly specialized dentists and other professionals that study physical tinnitus.

We met today for 4 hours in the morning and for 3 hours in the afternoon. I found out that my gum nerve damage is healing, but I will still have gum pain. They said that I'm doing everything right for self physical tinnitus treatment, but I do need a particular mouth piece for my TMD. An appointment for that has been set up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am so so proud of you. I know just how bad you have it with that pain and seeing you keep pushing and trying is awesome. I know you can do this, never give up, keep pushing forward!

• Winner Winner x 1
    16. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree with you, we are all heroes going through a rough battle daily, but we have to keep combating, keep up the great spirit and keep striving on forward :)

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This sounds like a good plan to me. Just keep pushing, remain positive. Eventually something can make sense, if we keep working at it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree with you, thank you :)

19. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Fishbone you are the wisest voice in these parts, and i definitely don't meet many people whom I consider heroes... But to me you certainly are. You're an inspiration to everyone you meet, whether they know it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1