A Little Tinnitus Experience and Understanding a Bit How Many Feel...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by falcorio, Dec 8, 2016.

1. falcorio

falcorio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello,

This is a short story. I had for about a week T in one ear and it's only noticable when i went to sleep.
      A kind of a low humming sound but enough to take a long time to fall asleep. Before that it was sporadically
      at times and changing positions made it go away. At that time i was thinking it's some machine or something
      closeby. I didn't pay much attention to that ear but i remember when i woke up it felt a bit clogged and i had
      to "pull" it a bit to make it feel normal again. I suspected ear wax but didn't do much about it. Until that week
      where the T sound started every night i went to sleep. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the sounds some of
      you might hear. Went to the doc, had to put some drops of oil in both ears for a few days and then i had them
      cleaned with a water solution (didn't ask but i guess it's water). Turned out as i hoped that the ear was
      being irritated by alot of ear wax and the other one was also quite full. Luckily after a day or 2 the T sound
      disappeared.

So i guess that's hopefully (knock on the wood) the first and only time i had to meet the T. Just want to say
      i got alot of respect for you and how you all handle it. Also i learnt a few things by reading your posts and
      ways to handle / mask the sound which i applied and noticed a positive difference.

Thank you !

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @falcorio, welcome to the forum. Your T seems mild from your description. Try to keep positive as positivity can help reduce anxiety and stress which are bad for T. You are welcome to browse around the TT resources and hopefully everyting will work out fine for you. Take care. God bless.