A Lot of Guilt and Worry Right Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kevin San, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      Hello,
      I'm not the tinnitus sufferer, my younger brother is. Unfortunately we got into an argument over something stupid two weeks ago. I slapped him on the side of his head and hes had tinnitus since then. As soon as I slapped him I had instant regret. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be too bothered by it; he's functioning normally. I just feel so much guilt right now for what I've done. Because of my stupid mistake, he's suffering from this. I keep searching for help online and nothing seems to be of help. Are there any effective forms of relief for him? Any words of help or encouragement will help. school is coming soon and i dont want the tinnitus to effect him.

2. Pumpkin
      Batty

Pumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Hi Kevin,

Have you spoken to your brother about the guilt you're feeling?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      i have spoken with him and apologized. i just feel a lot of guilt and remorse for what i've done. tinnitus seems to be something that stays for a long time and i just dont want him to suffer from such discomfort.

4. Pumpkin
      Batty

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Try not to be too hard on yourself. You obviously didn't intend for this to happen and you're doing the right thing by looking at ways you can support your brother. There is lots of things that can be done to provide relief from tinnitus but it's different for everyone. Has he been to see a doctor at all?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      i really appreciate you for helping me out. yes, he visited the doctor about two weeks ago and the doctor took a quick look and said to rest.

6. Pumpkin
      Batty

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Happy to help!

The best thing you can do for your brother is exactly what you are doing. Have you showed him this site? It's been a blessing for me since my tinnitus started.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      i want him to try to take his mind off tinnitus, but if he does need help i told him that theres a forum for help

8. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      My Father innocently kissed his partner on the ear a couple of weeks ago, something they've always apparently done as an endearment thing . She now has tinnitus and hyperacusis (end-ear-ment as it turns out). Sometimes the simplest of things.......

9. Pumpkin
      Batty

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      As long as he feels supported I think that's the main thing and it sounds like you're doing that for him. As for you, try to go easy on yourself. You'll be better equipped to help your brother out if you're in a good place yourself. This site has a great supportive community who are here to help you and your brother when you need it.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      @PaulBe sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing. it gives me a lot of relief knowing that there is a lot of support in this forum. best of luck to her.

11. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Kevin. You broke my heart a bit with this post. For both you and your brother.

12. Tennrltr
      Depressed

Tennrltr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall in 2014
      Kevin, Just pray and ask for forgiveness from God, he will set you free.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin San

Kevin San Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/12/15
      thanks for all the help. currently he just started playing football for his school. at least he's enjoying himself. do you guys have any tips on how to relieve tinnitus?

14. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      ummm...well if he isn't bothered by it, is functioning normally and enjoying himself, what is the issue? Guilt? Well that's your issue, not his, I would leave him out of it, making tinnitus an issue for him when it isn't might help your guilt feelings but won't help him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    15. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Just tell him you protect his ears by using hearing protection at ANY loud events. He should also see an ENT and get his hearing checked. Don't make it a big deal but just mention that it's the smart thing to do. Whatever you do don't tell him to over think it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kevin ,
      Try just support him and as there is lots of causes for tinnitus It just might be a coincidence it happened at that time .
      See how he gets on at school.
      I work in a school and if his tinnitus does cause problems you can mention he has it and they can help if effects concentration .
      There is a good chance it will go on its own as time is a great healer .
      Try not stress over it as stress is a big factor and could give you tinnitus so stay calm .
      Im sure you will both be fine .
      If he has problems keep posting for support and Im happy answer any questions....lol glynis x

17. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      If he's not bothered by it, what do you want him to be relieved from ? If there was a way of relieving, we wouldn't all be here. What's done is done, but it might just go away from his head if you just slapped him. Some people have T after a real skull traumas and they see it gone after some time. But you never know, nothing much you can do about it.

18. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Im sure he will be fine and children adapt quite quickly and might go away.
      Dont upset yourself as I can give you a arm full of reasons for tinnitus and through lifes journey we all come across them and could develop tinnitus any time. Take care ....lol glynis