A Million Words...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jazzer, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Since my tinnitus ramped up I’ve read a million words about tinnitus, watched countless videos, engaged in countless discussions, etc...

Not one single word has had any effect, or made any difference to the volume, or my perception of it.
      It was there... and it still is.

I practice meditation every morning.
      I actively listen to my tinnitus noise, repeat my mantra, and usually drift off into a cosy sleep.
      When I come round, my tinnitus is there once again - in truth of course - it never went away.
      The day it started, I was convinced it was there for ever.
      I decided that ‘stoical acceptance’ was the only option. I was right.
      I do try to practice ‘cheerful stoical acceptance.’
      Not always that easy, as of course, you all know on here.

I would just like to ask, “am I missing something?” - is there any other way forward that has not occurred to me?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Acceptance/distraction and living your life are the only options, I can see. I don't take any meds or pills for my loud, intrusive tinnitus.

I accept it, as a loud & annoying noise and live my life, to the best of my abilities. The noise is always there, it never fades or goes silent. Same pitch 24-7, my mind is trained to not focus on it and just live, my life. It takes, many years to do this, but focusing on it....simply frustrates a person and I have been there, many times as well.

Mind over matters, can really speak volumes, when it comes to tinnitus and other hardships in life. Tinnitus is a horrible ordeal and no one should, have to deal with it....BUT if it's in our lives, then we simply have to handle it and get a grip on the matter.

I don't believe in fighting it and just making myself angry. I did this in the early years and it was not fun at all. I do hope, there is a cure for this...one day. I will not stop living my life and wait for that cure, though.......

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you fishbone, a nice thoughtful answer, with much wisdom.
      Cheers
      Jazzer

• Like Like x 1