A Night of Binge Drinking — Now Migraines and Louder Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I went out on Thursday and had a night of binge drinking. I woke up hungover like everyone else.

I developed a migraine the next day.

Both my ears have been screaming ever since. Even my good ear. But I am also congested.

Feels like this is my new baseline. FML.

2. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Simple. Do not binge drink. It isn't worth it.

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Alcohol usually makes mine worse. I hardly ever drink anymore anyway, but it's just one more reason for me to not drink.

4. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      How are things with you now?

I developed a hum in my head after sleeping after a night out drinking six beers (even had some water during the night but it seems that didn't help). And my old tinnitus is now worse too. I've had it since my teens and it didn't use to bother me (turning 43 this year).

This has been going on for over four months now. :(

I've never heard of a night out with a bunch of beers being able to cause – seemingly permanent – problems with the ears.

None of the people and nurses I've talked to believe it was due to the alcohol, but what else could it be? I felt perfectly vigorous during the day and night during drinking and also when going to bed, but I was of course clearly drunk. Something happened during those four hours I slept before waking up to hell...

5. Simon85

Simon85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise exposure, but unknown.
      After a big night out drinking you’re likely going to end up at several loud pubs and clubs. I can certainly remember in my younger days falling into bed after a night out and thinking ‘gee my head is loud... meh, It’ll be good tomorrow’. If you really give the drinks a nudge you might end up standing too close to speakers or something similar. I know of a few people getting tinnitus this way.

On the other hand it could just be a random arrival event... It may have always been there but a slight increase in volume brought it into awareness. It’s difficult to say. Many people can only guess as to their own personal cause. I’m 99% sure mine is noise induced though.

6. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      No loud noise exposure for me. Very quiet night out (COVID-19 times) with very few people around.