A quick update on me

Amelia

Author
Sep 14, 2013
Australia
Tinnitus Since
08/2013
Hi T family!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't forgotten any of you and still think about how you are doing every day.

I've been trying to stay away and put T out if my mind and coming here as much as I used to was becoming painful for me. People who got T after me were posting their success stories and becoming habituated and I was becoming bitter and upset about that. And if I read one negative thing on the forum I wouldn't let go of it for weeks.

I do have some good days where I only notice T when it's quite but unfortunately I still notice it multiple times a day and the cruelest part is that if I'm not noticing it my brain reminds me about it. I am trying hard to not let it impact my life but I'm still fearful of so many things. I have a dentist appointment in a few days and I'm petrified! And I don't know what id do without my iphone and the constant masking tracks I have on.

I'm still taking magnesium and have started taking taurine. Still not sure it's making a difference but I'll continue with it. I also have some nasty eye floaters and taurine can help with that. I'm also still using the Avamys nasal spray, and my dentist trip in a few days is to explore TMJ.

So anyway that's were I am. I still pop in from time to time (usually limiting myself to the success stories) but I wish all of you well and hope you are doing ok!

Amelia x

Hey Amelia!!!!!

Miss you my sista in T!!! Sorry to hear of your struggles! I totally get it! I take a break every so and again myself from TT. But never forget (I know you don't) that we ARE a family here on TT and this is a safe haven to run to when needed. As you know, WE GET IT!!

I wish you relief and peace and rest my friend!! Be well and don't be a stranger!

All the best!

Jeff

:rockingbanana:

Hi T family!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't forgotten any of you and still think about how you are doing every day.

I've been trying to stay away and put T out if my mind and coming here as much as I used to was becoming painful for me. People who got T after me were posting their success stories and becoming habituated and I was becoming bitter and upset about that. And if I read one negative thing on the forum I wouldn't let go of it for weeks.

I do have some good days where I only notice T when it's quite but unfortunately I still notice it multiple times a day and the cruelest part is that if I'm not noticing it my brain reminds me about it. I am trying hard to not let it impact my life but I'm still fearful of so many things. I have a dentist appointment in a few days and I'm petrified! And I don't know what id do without my iphone and the constant masking tracks I have on.

I'm still taking magnesium and have started taking taurine. Still not sure it's making a difference but I'll continue with it. I also have some nasty eye floaters and taurine can help with that. I'm also still using the Avamys nasal spray, and my dentist trip in a few days is to explore TMJ.

So anyway that's were I am. I still pop in from time to time (usually limiting myself to the success stories) but I wish all of you well and hope you are doing ok!

Amelia x
All the best you and Hang in there sister..prayers you way!

We're glad you updated us, Amelia. You can come back here any time to vent or to discuss your concerns. We understand, and we'll listen!

Don't worry too much about that dental appointment; I've had several procedures since my T, and didn't have any real problems with tinnitus getting worse. Even if yours does, it should be only temporary, and will return to baseline level within about 24 - 48 hours.

Glad you're still taking magnesium. It's a subtle, slow-acting kind of improvement, but it has helped me, and I'm continuing to take it. I find it easier to get to sleep after taking magnesium, which I take about 1 hour before bedtime.

Best wishes, and please do drop back in to let us know how you're doing!

@Karen - don't think ill ever stop the magnesium! Helps combat stress too and i can use all the help I can get in that area ;)

Thanks for the info about the dentist too ... That's definitely calmed me down. I'm anticipating a filling too so I'm glad you have had no permeant changes with your dental work :)

Hi T family!

Amelia x

No. Not Forgotten. I recall your story from right around the time I joined this board last year. Some peoples' accounts stand out more than others, and I recall how yours was different ie. the unusual way you developed tinnitus. I always feel particularly sorry for those who simply develop this rubbish out of the blue, and for no apparent reason or at least, for reasons outside of their control.

You are a "cool Aussie". Like most Australians. Probably the most friendly people in the world.

Hi there Amelia. It's good to take a break from the boards and check back every so often. How was the dentist visit? I have been avoiding the dentist, but felt confident enough to go. I asked for a manual cleaning, but the hygenist started the electric tooth polisher before I could say anything. It wasn't too bad. But... I need a root canal with a cap, and need to get a cap removed, decay cleaned, and another cap. Will use earplugs and headphones. All of this joy starts tomorrow.

Hi there Amelia. It's good to take a break from the boards and check back every so often. How was the dentist visit? I have been avoiding the dentist, but felt confident enough to go. I asked for a manual cleaning, but the hygenist started the electric tooth polisher before I could say anything. It wasn't too bad. But... I need a root canal with a cap, and need to get a cap removed, decay cleaned, and another cap. Will use earplugs and headphones. All of this joy starts tomorrow.
Hi Patty, good luck at the dentists tomorrow, i also have been avoiding the dentist but will have to brave it soon, please let me know how it goes.

From my experience with the dentist, you should be fine. And if you do experience any spike after the procedure, it shouldn't last long, and go back to baseline. Good luck!!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now