A Week and a Few Days In — Is This Any Kind of Improvement?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jomo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Normally I wouldnt be writing if i didnt have a change in my situation which i actually do but am unsure how to feel about it....

so on saturday (official 1 week anniversary) my T was annoying as usual...I then learned about residual inhibition and found a clip of a sound similar to my T...it helped alot..

i understand that normally the effects of this is short term but for me I feel it could possibly have helped drop the "eeing" noise i was experiencing in my right ear...the T became much lighter and has been that way since...the one issue i noticed that night was that the cricket noises i used to mask my T were not as effective...the T moved to my left ear and even though the sound is much lighter during the day at night it seems to have a higher pitch which is something i cant completely mask...

i slept fine (woke up once) but last night it was a little difficult to deal with...still was able to sleep but not as well the past week..right now my T is very low...can only hear it in total silence...

based on your experiences is this any kind of improvement or is this normal? I can tell you I am much happier at the level my T is at right now compared to last week.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Joe

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi jomo.
      When marking at night keep the sound below your tinnitus.
      Your brain will work hard pick up the lower sound you have chosen and push your tinnitus to the background.
      Keep the sound playing all through the night as that's when it works its magic training your brain not to focus on your tinnitus building up the brain's natural filter ....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Thank you...i will try to do this...its difficult to experiment when you have work the next day but i will give it a shot

• Like Like x 1