A Week Old Loud Music Induced Tinnitus Getting Louder

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ses, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Ses

Ses Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced
      Hi, I am 24 years old and got this ringing in my ear 7 days ago. I listen to music a lot on high volumes which most likely caused it I believe! And I feel like I am also getting a 4th sound in the same ear!

I have sounds in both ears! In my left there are at least three sounds! One really high pitched, one really low bass that makes everything vibrate, and one static. They all keep changing during the day.

What worries me is that the sound in my right ear, which sounds like a ringing tone, is getting higher every day! This makes me scared.

I took some antidepressants to sleep that I have (Mianserin/Tolvon). Could they make the tinnitus worse?

Has anyone experienced this? Is it really getting higher or is it just anxiety?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Mianserin is a tetracyclic antidepressant. Tetracyclic antidepressants have caused spikes in some people. I would try not taking it for a while if your doctor agrees with that plan.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Exposure to loud noise is the most common cause of tinnitus. I advise that you stop listening to loud music and not use headphones, headsets or earbuds even at low volume. Click on the links below and read my articles that have been written for people new to tinnitus. Take your time and read them thoroughly without skimming.

I wish you well.
      Michael

New to Tinnitus, What to Do? | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum
      Tinnitus, A Personal View | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum

• Like Like x 1