About 2 Years Later Checking Back In

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AlexSongitus, Apr 1, 2018.

1. AlexSongitus

AlexSongitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I came across some bad news of the AM-101 tests as I was interested in investing in it, and I am always looking to invest in companies that try to help this problem. I was a previous participant and posted my updates on here so I thought I would drop by and thank everyone that was so helpful in the beginning and let you guys know things have improved tremendously for me ever since my early days, although I couldn't honestly attribute it to the medicine then and still can't now.

After the initial days of depression everyone goes through, I was pretty up beat about my recovery, in large part thanks to this forum and immediately got myself to a doctor where I was prescribed Prednisone which gave me immediate relief for a day here and there and then about a month later enrolled in the AM-101 study. I reported my results here back then on a regular basis. If you search around my history you should come across them. I had some initial positive effects immediately after the injections and then my tinnitus had settled to a pretty low volume and I would get on average about 1-2 days a week of silence. But it was never a clear cut improvement whether that was because of AM-101 or because of my T settling as I had experienced low T and random days of silence before the injections as well. The only thing that was absolutely sure was that during the administration, especially on my first test, I immediately experienced silence, but as we all later found out, it was most likely due to the gel they were using on some of the participants prior to the injection and not the actual AM-101. And indeed it was temporary, so similar to what Prednisone can do temporarily for T.

That same level of low T and random days of silence, 1-2 a week, that I was experiencing 2 year ago, pretty much continued ever since, but I moved on, both from here and from the T monster, got my life back and after about a year I had the guts of going back to producing some music again although I definitely am a lot more careful now.

While I can never be 100% sure those days of silence or any improvement to AM-101 or the fact I immediately got Prednisone during my first week of discovering T, I don't regret going through the AM-101 trial, and I was hoping at least the company would learn something from it and perhaps try something different in the future. Either way the industry as a whole will benefit from these types of trials.

Today, the biggest difference is this. Whereas at the end of the AM-101 trial I would describe myself as having low T with 1-2 days of silence, nowadays I would describe the exact same situation, as not really caring about T at all, and never really hearing it, except for 1-2 days where it might be unusually loud that I actually pay attention to it. I attribute that fact in large to no longer focusing on it, which does happen after some time. And as a lot of people say, as awesome as this forum is, it can also amplify your T because you are constantly focused on it, tracking it, etc. I still have 1-2 days of pure silence a week. But the rest of those days where I would describe as having low T, I am just too busy to care for it anyway whereas before I would focus on it. So I am rarely ever bothered by it, even on those days where it might get unusually loud for some time.

Unfortunately one thing I also can't ever say is if the AM-101/Prednisone combo prevented it from getting any worse than it would be had I not gone through those treatments. Impossible to say and I'm not sure of any of those companies tested for that. The holy grail may be a cure, or improvement, temporary or otherwise, but there is also a benefit if in fact any of these treatments can prevent it from getting worse, and perhaps companies should test for that as well.

But irrelevant of how much, if any improvement came from those things, one thing I can say works 100% in leading to improvement for me is this: time and less focus on it. It's a passing thought for me at most nowadays, whereas back then it was the focus of the day. So what helped me was hope, then after the first initial spell of depression, changing that attitude to a positive one, and this place was a huge help in that, trying the treatments even if they didn't help since in my mind, it would some day lead to something beneficial for this cause, and understanding that in time it would get better, maybe even eventually going away. It was that attitude and the support of people on here that I can honestly do say really works!

So all of you that may be going through those phases today, I know you may not want to believe, but at least for me, I am in that band wagon of people that say life can go on and you can go back to normal in time. Not to take anything away from those that are still suffering and for the small percentage that either can't deal with it or that it really does worsen, as I understand there are some, but for the majority of us, things do improve and lives to get back to normal!

• Like Like x 6
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @AlexSongitus

Low T and silent days? Will you be writing the same story with loud T and no silent days? You are so lucky.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlexSongitus

AlexSongitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Right, I know that I am one of the lucky ones whose T was not as severe as others. But irrelevant of the level there was still significant improvement over time.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Chris Holland
      Movie buff

Chris Holland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      Thank you for sharing your story! Out of curiosity, what do you consider low T?

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Glad to hear that you are over it and resumed your life, only making a few changes to not repeat what proved to be bad for your ears.
      Best wishes.