Addressing Tinnitus as Soon as You Get It — Tinnitus Probably from Headphone Listening

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Double, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Double

Double Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear
      I got a ring in my left ear which sometimes subsides only five days ago. This was after a night of headphone listening, which was at low volumes, but also some stress that night... It's probably the former that's the cause, I assume, but I wouldn't know. But on top of that I was taking a medication starting a month ago that almost certainly made my blood pressure go up, which I've just stopped of course.

Since I have a friend who has tinnitus, I initially freaked out. I went to a doctor immediately who said pretty much what you'd expect (calm down, ears look fine, don't listen to loud stuff, you'll receive an ENT referral shortly). Since then though I have tried to address it immediately: I got a white noise machine, which worked well for helping me get full nights of sleep after that first night. I was so stressed out for a while I could feel my blood fluctuating, but I went to an acupuncturist and got a 90 minute massage one day after the other. After that, I feel pretty normal, aside from the ringing. (The massage killed it completely for a short while after the neck part, but it came back... I heard that's pretty typical though.)

I'm hoping for the best, of course, but I'm wondering if there's anything I should avoid doing that might make it worse? The most effective way to kill the sound completely is of course having a fan on and the white noise machine on, but I worry that could all be loud enough to just do damage on its own. Maybe I should have classical music looping at night instead or something.

2. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Low volumes, vitamins, Magnesium, CoQ10, steroid trial WITH taper.

Melatonin for sleep and try sleeping in silence.

You'll very likely get better regardless.