Adjusting the Volume of the Oasis S650 Sound Machine

Discussion in 'Support' started by victoria9273, Jan 22, 2018.

1. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      Hello and I need some advice on how to adjust the volume of my sound machine.
      I currently have Oasis S650 and this is quite a good product. But I'm quite confused whether to set the volume high or low.
      I don't have a tinnitus right now so I don't know what standard I should follow to set the volume right. For example, I set the volume barely audible at night (white noise) and I wonder if playing it a little loudly might harm my sensitivity or not.

And about the sound enrichment at daytime.. I prefer to listen to the rain sound on that occasion but the machine sounds so smooth and rich that I don't know what its absolute decibel is. How loud should I set it on this occasion?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you @Bill Bauer

@victoria9273

Set the volume of the sound machine at a level that you can comfortably hear and also ignore without it drawing attention to itself like a radio. It takes time to get used to a sound machine so try to be patient. Set it to play throughout the night until morning. Ideally, it should be placed by the bedside.

Even if the volume is slightly loud it shouldn't interfere with your sensitivity to sound. Over time your sensitivity to sound will decrease. Try using sound enrichment during the day too. Something soothing such as classical music is ideal.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      @Bill Bauer Many thanks!

@Michael Leigh I can adjust to only one volume higher at night for now. I'm glad that slightly louder volume won't hurt my ears as well. Thank you so much.