Advice Please, Strange Instant Loud Noise.

Discussion in 'Support' started by vermillion, Jun 6, 2017.

1. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Ok apart from my regular tinnitus there have been thοse strange sudden attacks like an airplane literally entering in my head. I mean REALLY LOUD, almost vibrating. Thankfully only for just a second. It goes away immediately. I experienced this in the first months, then a few times randomly.

It happens suddenly just for an instant. This happens always when I'm in bed before sleep. I would say it's similar with this instant feeling of falling in space just a moment before falling asleep and waking up suddenly, only with really really loud noise.

I forgot about it, but this morning it happened again when I woke up and was trying to sleep again, but WORSE.

Again just for a second. In that second apart from the loud "VVVVVVVVVVV" sound, my ears and head feel full. When this happens my heart is beating so fast from the fear and anxiety that i feel i'm about to die.

What is going on? Anybody ever heard of this?

In general I'm not doing very good. I'm depressed and can't see a way out. It's pure agony and desperation.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Could it be an extreme form of fleeting T?

Whenever I experience fleeting T (a spike lasting 30-180 seconds), I am trying to convince myself that this is my brain trying to re-calibrate as a way to get rid of T.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It all depends what has caused your tinnitus? Exposure to loud noise/sounds especially listening to music through headphones and attending places where loud music is played: clubs, concerts etc If you have regularly participated in these forms of recreation, it is the likely cause of your tinnitus. If loud noise is responsible I advise that you don't listen to music through headphones. The symptoms you describe are not uncommon for people to experience with tinnitus, especially when caused by loud noise. Have you had tests at ENT and been referred to Audiology for any treatment? If you haven't then I think you should pursue this routine to determine what caused your tinnitus.

Michael

• Like Like x 1