After a Few Months Battle with Tinnitus I Can Say That It Is Almost Reduced Completely as of Today.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ughbree, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late January early February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello, my name is Breeann and I am 21 years old. I have found and followed this forum since I first discovered what the ringing in my ears was called and I decided to make an account today to see if any of the things I have done could possibly help any of you.

First, I would like to say thank you so incredibly much to this forum and my heart goes out to every single person on here. I have prayed for everyone as a whole to find some comfort with this problem.

I have always been the type of person to sleep with a fan on and one day I decided to sleep in my living room on the couch which is quite quiet. I noticed as I laid down to sleep there was this terribly loud ringing sound in my ear that just would not go away. I never noticed it before until that night and it worried me so I searched it up and found out the term tinnitus.

After that it was in my head and I noticed it a lot more, especially when I was trying to sleep. I had read that it can be caused by impacted ear wax caused by q-tips which I use frequently so I looked up ways to get rid of ear wax. I tried hydrogen peroxide, warm baby oil. I even bought a water syringe at CVS which had many amazing reviews... I tried all of these things for days and no ear wax or anything came out... A few days of trying this I went to the hospital because I have tachycardia (high heart rate) and I told them about the ringing in my ear and he said everything looked clean, no ear wax.

I was lost for words, here I was losing sleep and literally going insane from this loud ringing in my ears and this doctor was telling me the only thing I thought could be the cause wasn't. He couldn't help me further and recommended me to an ENT. (Note: During this hospital visit I got a CT scan on my brain because of some symptoms I've been dealing with besides the ringing...everything came back okay.)

The ringing in my ear from the time I first noticed it progressed to get louder and it was mainly in my left ear. It got so loud I couldn't lay on my side and couldn't stand being in any place quiet. I was a loud prominent ring. It even woke me up in the middle of the night when I actually managed to get some sleep and was louder when I woke up.

My left ear felt really blocked and I tried really hard to pop my ears to unplug it. My right ear kept popping but my left ear wouldn't seem to pop. Until one day I actually got my left ear to pop and woke up for the ringing to have switched ears and become louder in the right! It was so strange!

I had not been to any loud places, I had not been really sick at all, nor had I had any ear wax problems as stated by the doctor. I searched up all of the possible causes and none of them stuck.
      One of the things I did notice though was during this time I was stressed A LOT. I cried so many times because I couldn't handle the sound and I even thought about if this progressed I just couldn't be alive anymore.
      This forum is what kept me sane, and searching people on you tube with this problem.
      I decided I couldn't go on like that because I saw how my anxiety and frustrations were basically ruining my life and how I interacted with people. I decided to try my best to stay positive even though I did break down many times and try to read success stories and see if I could try to help it become even a tiny bit more quiet.

One of the most important things I did during this process was be honest with myself, I didn't hold anything in and I let out my frustrations with what I was going through and what I feared about the situation. I didn't want to lose myself because of this and I even kept in mind that it would probably NEVER go away. Even now as i'm writing this I'm telling myself it might come back.

I could not see an ENT because I spent so much money visiting a cardiologist for my heart and I have no insurance. So on February 3rd of this year (which was only 5 days ago) I decided to try a road to recovery because this problem I was having (tinnitus) made me realize a lot of things about my anxiety and the things I took for granted such as my health and such.

Here are the things I started doing: I tried getting a bit of cardio in and went on my treadmill for 30 minutes. I've been drinking a bunch of water and eating things such as Tuna and my greens. (Be in mind I haven't changed my diet a whole lot, I even drink soda) these are small things that could have contributed but possibly not.

And here is to the important parts that I honestly think helped the most: I accepted that this probably wouldn't go away, I accepted that tinnitus was going to be a part of me. And I know you're probably thinking really, I just read all of this for you to tell me to accept it... I'm not finished so please keep reading. I think anxiety has a lot to do with it, I really do. Because when you constantly fight and try to keep looking for it or pretend it's not there until you're sitting somewhere quiet and hear it only to get angry and upset (which you have every right to and I understand) but does that really help it? Accept it, don't fear it... but don't keep worrying about it. Don't let it keep you from doing the things you love or smiling and experiencing happiness.
      Because for the first weeks I was so grumpy and I let it consume me and I stayed home frustrated and angry and felt hopeless. Your tinnitus doesn't have to control you, if you don't give it the power to.

I was the type to let it consume me, I even sometimes actively searched for it when I noticed it wasn't there for a brief second. (don't do this!) I genuinely believe that stress and anxiety does make tinnitus harder to live with.

Now here's onto the major things that I believe helped me and it's the reason i'm writing this to you now. I decided to buy a Vicks humidifier because I realized being sick or having mucus could play a big part of causing ear infections which could potentially make it worse. I wanted my sinusitis to be clear and healthy.

I've been drinking green tea daily (all of these 3 major things I've been mentioning help with blood circulation)

And now to the thing which I really really believe made me to where I am today.. Apple Cider Vinegar. Yes, you probably have heard of this because of a forum posted by member .bill (https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/apple-cider-vinegar-works.26113/)

I took a chance with this one, and I have been drinking 2 tsps of this every single day since February 3rd. I noticed as time progressed the ringing got quieter and quieter to the point where it didn't bother me in my sleep anymore. Today it is February 8th and the ringing has gotten barely noticeable. Yes it's still there when I search for it or plug my ears but it really has gotten SO much better.

I was skeptical of this but I really decided to give it a try because of all the benefits it had besides helping with mucus and to basically keep your system clean.

I don't know how tomorrow will be, I don't know if the tinnitus will go away fully. I don't know if it does, it might possibly come back. I don't know. But I take it day by day and try my best to let it fuel me to not take a single day for granted. I don't know if this post will help you, but I really felt the need to write it if it could possibly just help ONE person. I believe in all of you, and I wish you all the best. I really do.
      You're stronger than you know and thank you for taking the time to read this.

• Like x 12
      • Helpful x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    2. Dizzyhead888

Dizzyhead888 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      thanks for sharing. great news.
      When did you get tinnitus?

3. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      That's one of the most brilliant and honest posts I have read on here. I'm proud to know my post helped. Keep up the positive way

• Like Like x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Dizzyhead888 I noticed the ringing in my ear around late December, it took me to be in silence to realize it was there, so if I had it before then I'm not sure!

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @.bill thank you! I am so blessed to have found your post and I sincerely wish you all the best! I really hope it helps way more people achieve silence or lower their T. I did notice for a hour or so my T was gone completely and I was shocked but it came back to a very low hissing. It definitely isn't as it was and it doesn't bother me like it did so I'm thankful! Hopefully one day I can achieve that silence again! But regardless, if not I am still incredibly thankful.

• Like Like x 3
    6. Ardwordin
      Curious

Ardwordin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      Thank you for the this encouraging experience! I will try your methods and get back to you.

7. Ardwordin
      Curious

Ardwordin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      Hello, could you please tell me what humidifier you used? I also have sinus issues and looking to get the vicks humidifier

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. Ardwordin
      Curious

Ardwordin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax
      My tinnitus is slightly pitched on my right ear. Its not super loud but extremely annoying and persistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Ardwordin yes, hello! I actually realized I got a vaporizer which basically does the same thing as a humidifier but instead of blowing out cool water it blows out warm steam and it's easier kept clean since it doesn't trap bacteria and mold. The one I have is called Vicks Pediatric warm steam vaporizer!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Ardwordin here is an image I meant to post with the post above

Attached Files:

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      For anyone reading this post, if you want to try the apple cider vinegar thing the image attached below is the one I am using.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. dazraf

dazraf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Hello. Congrats on your acceptance and findings. And thanks for sharing.

Can you detail how you take the vinegar. With food ? Without ? First thing in morning etc ?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @dazraf I'm not that consistent with how I take it, sometimes I take it before eating lunch and sometimes I take it after dinner and slightly before bed. What I do is warm up a cup of water on the stove and add two tsps of the ACV. Drink it with a straw though because it's acidic on your teeth! It's safe to drink 2 tsps 3 times daily but you just have to see what works for you!

14. Missy Garner

Missy Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you so much for your post! I am so glad you have found relief. I also have sinus problems. I have ringing in my right ear and also feels full. I am going to try these methods you mentioned and let you know how it goes. I have had tinnitus for almost 4 years:(

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Same here, I've had it since 2013 too but I'm not gonna give up on it. There are so many causes and so many possible solutions. I might have it until I die, whatever, but it's the only thing medically I truly want to see changed with myself.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Mony

Mony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      MISSY GARNER did you have any luck with the ACV? did it help at all? From what i have read it is best to drink half an hour before meals, really helps with digestion as it stimulates your digestive enzymes. Make sure you get one with "the mother" eg unfiltered.
      I'm now looking at purchasing "Sound therapy" but it's about $600 with no guarantee, so not sure. I'm wearing a hearing aid with a "tinnitus" program which masks the ringing, does an ok job but as we all know T is a pain in the bum!
      HAS anyone tried sound therapy?

17. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      So in 8 days the miracle happened. So happy for you.I tried it a few times, did not see any results, maybe it needs more time.

18. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Yours took 5 weeks to resolve this young lady had results after only 5 days.I suppose everybody is different.I wil give it a go myself,and see what happens.

19. Maria Espinosa

Maria Espinosa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden HEaring loss

20. Maria Espinosa

Maria Espinosa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden HEaring loss
      Thank you for your story I will try your methods , I had hearing loss and have tinnitus and are going crazy my anxiety levels and stress are very high Iam a grandmother and noto even my grandkids make me happy anymore
      But looking for ways to fight this

• Hug Hug x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello to you all! I have not been on this website since February 19th of this year! I just wanted to update you all and say that my Tinnitus hasn't bothered me in quite some time, I still drink ACV. I still do have tinnitus but very very quietly to the point where it doesn't bother me. I made the mistake of going to a bar and was exposed to very loud music and my ears starting ringing worse than they did to begin with for 2 days and I'm not going to lie I did almost go into panic mode but quickly caught myself and said you got over it once, you can do it again! (I def suggest wearing those little ear plug things you can buy at a dollar store if you know you're going to loud places)

Anyways, I haven't done anything special all I can say is the main life style change I did was to no longer let my tinnitus get to me, I realized the more I thought about it and the more I worried over it the more I noticed it and my tinnitus was VERY noticeable. I started slowly exposing myself to my own tinnitus, i'd lie down in my room in the quiet, plug my ears so I heard my tinnitus even louder and took deep breaths. I'd tell myself over and over again, body you are okay, you are healing. This sound doesn't mean anything, it can go away and it will go away. By exposing myself to the sound I trained my body to not feel any negative emotions associated with the tinnitus such as stress and anxiety. I let my body slowly get used to the sound and realize it wasn't any harm. With that the tinnitus got quieter and quieter.

Your body can heal its self if you allow it to, if you fill it with positivity and reassurance it WILL HEAL. Most illnesses and diseases live in anxiety ridden bodies, bodies that are filled with constant stress and repressed emotions. You can all beat this, don't take no for an answer. This is your body, you CAN heal. I promise you that! Believe it, you all deserve healthy happy lives. I promise you and I wish you all luck!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    22. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Based on my experience: Ear plugs are not 100% safe! Take care and avoid loud places as much as possible. It's hard but it's the only way to stay safe.

People who do not have chronic tinnitus will never understand the precautions you take.

23. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you considered not taking the risk and not going to any places that you know will be loud?

• Like Like x 2
    24. Kell

Kell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      front row indoor concert-in front of speaker
      I think we were all like that in the beginning. Feeling desperate and scared.

I love your idea about the vaporizer. I actually had recently been thinking of Vicks Vaporub - because I have awful coughing and gallons of crap that comes up - its ridiculous and it won't go away. I had a really bad cold about a month ago and was given antibiotics and Tussionex cough syrup (which really helped but its an opiate and now she won't give me any more :mad: without paying another $40 for an appt. for me to tell her I'm coughing all night). I have been wondering (fantasizing) that this unending congestion is contributing to the T. My ears click when I swallow, sometimes when I lay down at night there is clicking, pinging, downright banging deep in my ears and brain.. what the heck.... so I think I'm going to get one of those Vicks humidifiers -- it can't hurt what with winter coming on. Because my ears definitely feel "full" and sometimes ache a teeny bit.. when T is raging - and when it isn't they feel fine, no pressure.. I feel this has gotta be related... thanks for your post and good luck!

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello Bill! I remember you from when I first joined this forum, I hope you're well! I actually don't go to very loud places at all, but this particular night I went to a drag show and the speakers were extra loud and I didn't even think about it. I'm only 22 so personally I'm still up for occasionally going to bars, possibly clubs and concerts. I just have to be careful and use some ear plugs or something so the sound won't be as loud in my ears.

I do recall going to the movies when my tinnitus was worse and since the theater was new they had the speakers super loud and I was watching an action movie, I had my headphones though and just used those to make the sound a little less loud and was fine!

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello, I definitely recommend the vaporizer. What I do is sprinkle a little bit of salt in the water because it allows it to heat up quicker and get more hot thus creating more humidity. I then grab a towel and cover it to where i'm under it and it becomes like a sauna for my face. Be careful though, it can get hot!! I hope it works well for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I agree, I was with friends who don't have T and they were sitting in the same area as me. When I walked out it felt like my ears were plugged and filled with water and the ringing was so loud I panicked and thought oh god, not again. Their ears were perfectly fine! I'm only 22 and here we have two women in their thirties and forties and they're perfectly fine.

My ears returned back to normal though as I exposed myself to my tinnitus again. I am going to be more careful as well to avoid hearing loss!

• Like Like x 1
    28. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      I've been on Apple Cider Vinegar for about a week now, but also started adding tummeric. I drink it 3 times a day, in eight ounces of water, with honey to taste. All I can say is that it works...

• Like Like x 1
    29. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is it because ACV calms the nerves? What happens when you stop the ACV?

30. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      No, it lowers the noise from the T.... No idea what happens when you stop it, I take it every day.