After Taking Prevacid (Lansoprazole) for Years, I Find It Is on the "Naughty" List, Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, May 2, 2014.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I find it is on the "naughty" list anyone have a suggestion for a similar product with aggravating T.
      I appreciate your help.

2. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      I was on Prilosec when my t started. I researched and found the only thing for GERD that's not ototoxic is Zantac. You have to take it 2x day about 30 minutes before you eat, which is a pain to try to remember but it does work, at least it has for me. I know everybody is different.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you very much, will give it a try.

4. xXHotelCrazyXx

xXHotelCrazyXx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2005
      @Isabella 123
      Was it the prilosec that caused your T? Did your t go away after quitting?

5. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No it didn't go away, sorry to say. I wish I had known not to take it. I'm not sure if it caused or contributed to my T but I'm sure it didn't help. Btw I found very good help for my gerd from Chris Kessler's website about stomach acid, I followed his protocols and it ended my GERD! Now if someone would just come up with a tinnitus remedy!!! Another btw, I have learned to avoid aspartame and all forms of MSG, both of which make my T just scream.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. xXHotelCrazyXx

xXHotelCrazyXx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2005
      Sorry to hear that. @Isabella 123 were you on any other meds the time your t started?

7. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes also Synthroid which is ototoxic for some and is for me. But I was exposed to some loud noise about the same time too. So I think it was a combination of things. I've since switched to Armour thyroid med and my t has gotten a lot quieter.

• Like Like x 1
    8. xXHotelCrazyXx

xXHotelCrazyXx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2005
      @Isabella 123 do you don't think it was the omeprazole that caused it?

9. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think most people don't know what caused their tinnitus except maybe a few who have defining events in their lives like explosions or rock concerts or whiplash or massive ear infections. I can't say for sure about the Prilosec but I'm not going to swallow even one more pill of it, just in case. Everyone is different, we are all affected differently. I just know for myself I am avoiding every single thing that might make mine worse. That includes the heartburn meds. Which I don't need anymore since I cured my GERD in other ways....

• Like Like x 1
    10. xXHotelCrazyXx

xXHotelCrazyXx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2005
      I'm on it right now and it caused mine to spike really high. I've stopped taking it for one day now and its a bit better @Isabella 123

11. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's great! It should be all out of your system soon. It's too bad we have to choose which of our disorders to deal with in order not to aggravate another one! Google Chris Kresser and GERD, I learned some amazing and easy and healing things there that might help you not need the Prevacid.

12. xXHotelCrazyXx

xXHotelCrazyXx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2005
    13. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @Isabella 123

I hate to bother you, and I know this is an old thread, but I was just wondering I read that you have taken some med's for your acid reflux. May I ask if you ever took "Zantac" ? and if so did it have any effect on your tinnitus ? I took one yesterday and I seem to have a spike, I have been taking "Prilosac" for more then 15 years with no effect on my tinnitus at all. So I just don't understand why I have a spike now.

Thank You in advance for your response.

Louie

Quietatnight