After Watching a Video with Apple AirPods, Tinnitus Has Gone Crazy + Ear Fullness and Numbness

Discussion in 'Support' started by Guest538, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Guest538

Guest538 Guest

Hello guys,

I had tinnitus for 5 years now, both ears, louder on the right ear. I had up and downs, sometimes I get a spike but I try to be patience and wait for few days to let it settle. I was doing good and I have to say in the last year it didn't bothered me that much.

Few days ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I had the earphones (not in ear tho, I have the AirPods), and suddenly I heard a loud spike in my right ear tinnitus. From that moment, I have a loud tinnitus only in the right ear but also a feeling of fullness in the ear and numbness on the internal and external ear. I've never experienced that in all these years so I'm really worried. I visited the ENT that as always was pretty useless. He checked me and he couldn't find anything in my ear, so he gave me a nasal spray for help with a congestion that I "probably" have. I really feel like I have a block in my right side of the head and it's bothering me a lot. Also I started again to be more sensitive to the noises, like the shower pouring in the bathtub spikes my tinnitus a lot.

I'm really worried, because I worked really hard in these years to get used to my tinnitus and it was working great now, I was living a normal life, but now I have this and seems like I'm beginning from zero again, with a situation that is even worse.

Any other that has experienced this? Any suggestion or idea of what it could be?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      A spike.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guest538

Guest538 Guest

Hi there. Thank you for you answer. I had many spikes during the years, but they were more like an increased tinnitus for a few days/weeks. In this case, it seemed like something completely different. I never experienced ear numbness for example.

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Numbness is unusual, but so is everything about tinnitus. All these symptoms tend to subside over time.

5. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      I'm new to all things tinnitus, but from what I've been able to learn during my crash course over the past month, it seems like taking a steroid like prednisone as soon as possible following what might have been an additional acoustic trauma could be helpful.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guest538

Guest538 Guest

Sadly I was abroad when it started, so I could get my cortisone only after 5 days.