Alcohol Makes My Tinnitus Much Worse?? :-(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kristian M, Aug 17, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Kristian M
      Sad

Kristian M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Alcohol makes my tinnitus much worse?? :-(( Why?? I'm 19 years old and I need to go out sometimes...

I'm really thinking about killing myself... Then it's all over and I'll have silence forever.

2. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Kristian there is a good possibility that your T could go away. Go see a doctor and get checked out and tell him how you feel and get some meds to calm yourself. Almost everyone on this forum have been where you are and we are all coping with T and everyone improves with time. Listen to music at a reasonable volumn to help mask your T and have nature sounds from youtube on at night to help you relax and get some sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping tell your doctor. Im in my 8th month and dont even notice it some of the time and when I hear it im not afraid anymore. Believe it or not you will get to the point you dont care about the sound and will habituate and not hear it for hours at a time. Alot of folks wake up one day and it could be gone !!!!!!!!