All messed up

Discussion in 'Support' started by object16, Mar 14, 2014.

1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi, I am 57 and 1 1/2 years ago my tinnitus became really severe. Up to that point I was taking small amounts of meds, but after that i needed more meds to sleep. Since then it has been very easy to rekindle it, and as a result I am all messed up with meds to make me sleep. without meds, there is completely no sleep. as a result, my brain is messed up. 2 weeks ago, my employer called me in and said my work is not measuring up - therefore they start the process of getting rid of me. i qualify for an early reduced pension, which looks like the only salvation. I was really hoping to push for another couple of years, to save more money and get a better pension, but this is where I'm at: roughly fixed income of net $4,000 per month. i have some assets and savings and own my own small house. my wife also works part time, so that will bring in a little extra money. up till now my wife's income was very minimal compared to mine, but now what she earns will actually help us. I hate this illness, it has ruined my life, i am messed up on meds, and the job i love that used to be very easy for me to do, seems to have vanished. my wife also is quite disappointed, she put up with a lot of bad behaviour from me going back through the years, and now everything seemed to be falling into place... until now. ouch.

• Hug Hug x 2